Humane Society Volunteering for Non-medical volunteering

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alladots

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have read that it is recommended to pick up on some non medical volunteering. Would humane society be appropriate?

Thanks for any input.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, that would be appropriate, especially if you enjoy it! Go for it

Reactions: 1 user
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you like being around people? Do you like helping people? Do you like helping people who are not like you -- people who are destitute, uneducated, very old or very young, mentally challenged, etc? Could you see yourself meeting a need in your community to help people who are in need? If so, prioritize people in need. If not, or if you have time for both people and animals, do the Humane Society.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hi all,

I have read that it is recommended to pick up on some non medical volunteering. Would humane society be appropriate?

Thanks for any input.
Yes ... if you're dedicated to working with sheltered animals because you value animals ... and you want to volunteer in the humane society for appropriate reasons. If you choose to volunteer your time with the humane society, it can be a truly enriching (as well as a humbling and joyful/heartbreaking) experience.

h0usz-catlove3.jpg

Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Thank you all! I'm going to also sign up to volunteer at a homeless shelter in addition to the Humane Society volunteering.