Humanities/Philosophy Journals??? Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asdasdasd89

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am preparing for the MCAT and I'd like to know which journals/magazines are good. Are there any free philosophical/humanities journals out there that is representative of the MCAT??

I know about economist.. but there arent many articles on their website.

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Splurge and buy a subscription of The Economist. It's fantastic and will make you very knowledgeable on current events.

I love The Economist. Totally worth the relatively inexpensive subscription. Sir, The Economist is a fine publication. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't underestimate just reading for pleasure, the classics and things of that nature. When I first started college I had to take placement tests because I only had a GED, so they needed to see what level I was at. Anyways, I had been reading a lot before I took it and I did great on the reading and writing sections.

EDIT; Then again I don't really know what the writing section of the MCAT is like, since I'm not at that point yet.

I was thinking more like primary journals.

I am not good at humanities/philosophical passages... so would primary journals help?

I believe the Economist doesnt really deal with philosophical passages at all ... thx

I was thinking more like primary journals.

I am not good at humanities/philosophical passages... so would primary journals help?

I believe the Economist doesnt really deal with philosophical passages at all ... thx

Try talking to someone at the philosophy department of your school. I'm sure they would have some good suggestions.