Hunter DPT Class of 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LymfutureDPT

Reaction score
Hi, I am just wondering if anyone hear back and plan to attend Hunter DPT program?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I Interviewed Dec 5th and waiting for a response. When did you interview? Did you hear back yet?

I Interviewed Dec 5th and waiting for a response. When did you interview? Did you hear back yet?
Hi there, I was wondering if you could tell me the experience of your interview day with Hunter and some questions asked that stood out to you? I have mine at the end of this week. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there, I was wondering if you could tell me the experience of your interview day with Hunter and some questions asked that stood out to you? I have mine at the end of this week. Thanks
I felt it was good. You go in and they give you 30 mins to write an essay, mine was about a risk that I took. Then I interview with two faculty members. I was done with everything in am hour. They asked about why PT, why hunter and one of my experience as a volunteer. Where do I see PT stand in the medical field kind of question. There was one weired question about research based practice, but they said that they do not expect me to 100% know the answer. Overall, it was nice, easy going interview. I feel they don't want to waste neither your time nor their time.

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck on your interview.

There is something wrong with my previous account..but yea, I interviewed on 11/12 and they got back to me on 12/2.

Thank you! They told me before that I would have to wait for a month to hear a response, so they will probably get back to you in January since you just got interviewed. Good luck to you!

Thank you! They told me before that I would have to wait for a month to hear a response, so they will probably get back to you in January since you just got interviewed. Good luck to you!
Thank you. Yea they told me I should hear back after Christmas.

If I interviewed on November 12, would it be wrong of me to call to check in? Just don’t want to bother them or leave a bad impression
They told me that they should respond within a month of the interview. So I would personally give them a call.

Members don't see this ad :)
I found out I was accepted today! I interviewed last Friday and recieved my acceptance via email this afternoon.

Reactions: 1 users
Just found out I was accepted today as well!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone accepted their seat at Hunter?

I accepted the same day. Hunter was my first choice so I will be declining my other offers.

Me too! I have declined other schools' offers. I will see you in the orientation in March then!

Me too! I have declined other schools' offers. I will see you in the orientation in March then!
Do you guys mind sharing why you picked Hunter over the other schools you applied to?

Do you guys mind sharing why you picked Hunter over the other schools you applied to?
I picked Hunter because of its cheap tuition. It is also the closest to my house, so I can save the money for dorm. Also, therapists from the clinic which I work at highly recommend Hunter to me.

Just accepted my seat at Hunter!

I have yet to hear back. Should I be concerned?
I was there last Thursday for a small tour of the facility and they were still doing interviews that day so they're definitely still making calls.

I was there last Thursday for a small tour of the facility and they were still doing interviews that day so they're definitely still making calls.

Thank you. Should I call once holiday season is over?

Just wanted to say, looking forward to meeting everyone at orientation on 3/26 :)

Last edited:
Looking forward to meeting everyone at orientation in March! I was just curious, is anyone planning on finding housing in the city whether it be through Hunter or on their own? I live to far to commute every day and was wondering if anyone was in the same boat as me. Thanks!

Looking forward to meeting everyone at orientation in March! I was just curious, is anyone planning on finding housing in the city whether it be through Hunter or on their own? I live to far to commute every day and was wondering if anyone was in the same boat as me. Thanks!

Hey, just curious, where would you be commuting from?

If you're looking for housing, I would start looking very soon or contact the school to find out options ASAP. The NY apartment market is crazy, and with college graduations in May with many new grads looking to move into the city, it's time to start looking. If you see a listing you like, snap it up, because listings in NY get snapped up quick.

Has anyone gotten more information on orientation next month?

Has anyone gotten more information on orientation next month?

All I know is that it is business casual lol :) . We'll have the opportunity to meet our cohort, the professors, learn about the registration process and financial aid options, and the curriculum.

Last edited:
Hey, just curious, where would you be commuting from?

If you're looking for housing, I would start looking very soon or contact the school to find out options ASAP. The NY apartment market is crazy, and with college graduations in May with many new grads looking to move into the city, it's time to start looking. If you see a listing you like, snap it up, because listings in NY get snapped up quick.
Hey! I would be commuting from Long Island. I’ve been looking into graduate school housing from Hunter but when I go to fill out a form it asks me to put in my student ID which we don’t have yet so I’m a little stuck. I’m going to call housing tomorrow and see if they can help! Unless any is familiar with cheaper housing in the city, I’m not too familiar with the city but I know it’s extremely expensive to live there which is why I was thinking getting housing through Hunter is the better option.

Also, would anyone mind listing some reasons why they chose Hunter?? I was initially committed somewhere else but got off of Hunter’s waitlist and I ultimately chose Hunter because of cost. I know it’s a good school but I’ve been second guessing myself lately because I realized I don’t know too much about their program and I feel like I know so much about the program I was initially committed to! If anyone wants to just drop some reasons why they chose the school and anything else they know it’d probably really ease my mind!:happy:

Hey! I would be commuting from Long Island. I’ve been looking into graduate school housing from Hunter but when I go to fill out a form it asks me to put in my student ID which we don’t have yet so I’m a little stuck. I’m going to call housing tomorrow and see if they can help! Unless any is familiar with cheaper housing in the city, I’m not too familiar with the city but I know it’s extremely expensive to live there which is why I was thinking getting housing through Hunter is the better option.

Definitely call housing and see what they offer. You could also check Craigslist as people are always looking for room mates, or you could ask and see if anyone wants to house together at orientation. The ride into penn isn’t too bad, and then you could take the subway to Chelsea and grab the M23 to campus, but the bus ride alone is probably 20-30 minutes. It’s lengthy but always an option.

Also, would anyone mind listing some reasons why they chose Hunter?? I was initially committed somewhere else but got off of Hunter’s waitlist and I ultimately chose Hunter because of cost. I know it’s a good school but I’ve been second guessing myself lately because I realized I don’t know too much about their program and I feel like I know so much about the program I was initially committed to! If anyone wants to just drop some reasons why they chose the school and anything else they know it’d probably really ease my mind!:happy:

- Cost
- All of the permanent faculty have their PhD
- Faculty to student ratio
- Intimate class settings and size
- High first time pass rate
- High graduation rate
- They were really excited to hear that I wanted to focus on neuro and acute care so I assume that they will foster this
- research based capstone project
- Really impressed with my interviewers and their answers to my questions
- Fostering the growth of the program by possibly offering PhD in the near future
- Alumni network
- Commute

And one of the most motivating things was hearing about how hard it is to get into Hunter. I wanted to prove the people wrong that said things along the lines of that I wouldn’t get in, or “isn’t that school hard to get into?”

I moved back to NY from SF, and reestablished residency here for the sliver of a chance that I would get into Hunter. I took a chance on them, and now they’re taking a chance on me :)

Definitely call housing and see what they offer. You could also check Craigslist as people are always looking for room mates, or you could ask and see if anyone wants to house together at orientation. The ride into penn isn’t too bad, and then you could take the subway to Chelsea and grab the M23 to campus, but the bus ride alone is probably 20-30 minutes. It’s lengthy but always an option.
Thanks for all the tips!! The commute is definitely doable I’d just prefer to live there if I can. I’m going to get in touch with housing tomorrow and start searching:)

- Cost
- High graduation rate
- They were really excited to hear that I wanted to focus on neuro and acute care so I assume that they will foster this
- Fostering the growth of the program by possibly offering PhD in the near future
- Alumni network
- Commute

And one of the most motivating things was hearing about how hard it is to get into Hunter. I wanted to prove the people wrong that said things along the lines of that I wouldn’t get in, or “isn’t that school hard to get into?”

I moved back to NY from SF, and reestablished residency here for the sliver of a chance that I would get into Hunter. I took a chance on them, and now they’re taking a chance on me :)
Wow!!! What an amazing story that’s awesome:) thanks for writing all of that out! Reading that definitely eased my mind and I’m very much looking forward to starting. I actually sat in on a class this past Friday and was very impressed. All the students seem to really love the program and the professors all seem great!

Wow!!! What an amazing story that’s awesome:) thanks for writing all of that out! Reading that definitely eased my mind and I’m very much looking forward to starting. I actually sat in on a class this past Friday and was very impressed. All the students seem to really love the program and the professors all seem great!

That's awesome, I can't wait either! See you at orientation!

- Cost
- High graduation rate
- Alumni network
- Commute

Amazing! Did you finish your prerequisites in SF or did you finish some in NY while reestablishing residency? I'm considering going this route and would love your insight!

Amazing! Did you finish your prerequisites in SF or did you finish some in NY while reestablishing residency? I'm considering going this route and would love your insight!

Hey! So it was kind of a crazy journey.

In SF it was pretty great because their CC is free if you are a resident of the city (except summer classes)
-Spring 2018 I was working full time and took Statistics and General Psychology after work 3 days per week
-Summer 2018 I took 9 credits (had to get written in by the dean for taking over 8 credits because classes are accellerated) 5 for Pre-Calc, 3 for Conceptual Physics, 1 for conceptual physics lab.

Moved back to NY and I had to go to two different schools in 2 different counties to be able to take all the classes I needed.
-Fall 2018 I took BIO 109, PHY 101, CHEM 131 at one school, BIO 170 (A&P I) at another school. All of these had labs.
-Spring 2019 I took BIO 110, PHY 102, CHEM 131, and Child Dev at one school, BIO 171 (A&P II) at another school. All except Child Dev had labs. Did this while also getting all my volunteer hours.

Studied for the GRE for 3 weeks after the semester and then as soon as scores came in, I was filling out applications haha.

So as far as I can understand, you need to be a resident of NY for at least 1 year prior to the first day of classes in order to qualify for resident tuition. I had a quite a bit of a safety bubble, but even then, I just filled out my paperwork for proof of residency in NY as it was not seen as established for some reason. The forms are very straight forward and the list of qualifying documents is long so you should be fine considering the diversity that they accept.

If you have any more questions or need any more insight, please feel free to reach out!

Hey! So it was kind of a crazy journey.

In SF it was pretty great because their CC is free if you are a resident of the city (except summer classes)
-Spring 2018 I was working full time and took Statistics and General Psychology after work 3 days per week
-Summer 2018 I took 9 credits (had to get written in by the dean for taking over 8 credits because classes are accellerated) 5 for Pre-Calc, 3 for Conceptual Physics, 1 for conceptual physics lab.

Moved back to NY and I had to go to two different schools in 2 different counties to be able to take all the classes I needed.
-Fall 2018 I took BIO 109, PHY 101, CHEM 131 at one school, BIO 170 (A&P I) at another school. All of these had labs.
-Spring 2019 I took BIO 110, PHY 102, CHEM 131, and Child Dev at one school, BIO 171 (A&P II) at another school. All except Child Dev had labs. Did this while also getting all my volunteer hours.

Studied for the GRE for 3 weeks after the semester and then as soon as scores came in, I was filling out applications haha.

So as far as I can understand, you need to be a resident of NY for at least 1 year prior to the first day of classes in order to qualify for resident tuition. I had a quite a bit of a safety bubble, but even then, I just filled out my paperwork for proof of residency in NY as it was not seen as established for some reason. The forms are very straight forward and the list of qualifying documents is long so you should be fine considering the diversity that they accept.

If you have any more questions or need any more insight, please feel free to reach out!
Wow - that's crazy and pretty much what I'm doing now. Going to CC in SF because it's free and weighing the cost of being "out of state" for a summer & semester and if it's actually possible for me to gain residency. I'm planning on going to their open house in April, but nice to hear from someone who has gone through it!

Wow - that's crazy and pretty much what I'm doing now. Going to CC in SF because it's free and weighing the cost of being "out of state" for a summer & semester and if it's actually possible for me to gain residency. I'm planning on going to their open house in April, but nice to hear from someone who has gone through it!

I believe that you can gain residency if I remember correctly! Best of luck!

Did anyone hear anything about the orientation happening or being postponed since CUNY isn’t holding classes for the rest of the semester?
I emailed Maureen and she said it is more than likely that orientation will be cancelled. They will contact all new students shortly with information.