Hurray, I got a 82.5 on the Physio shelf!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lotsof77

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hurray, I got a 82.5 on the Physio shelf after NBME belled it. What does this translates to in terms of USMLE stats? How can I improve my score for subsequent shelves?

Members don't see this ad.

Lotsof77 said:
Hurray, I got a 82.5 on the Physio shelf after NBME belled it. What does this translates to in terms of USMLE stats? How can I improve my score for subsequent shelves?

How does one get a shelf exam? Where can you buy them from?

Shelfs are old USMLE questions that have been discontinued. Some schools apply to the NBME for their students to take shelfs in particular subjects. You can't buy shelfs b/c they are copyrighted. However, you can take them. Shelfs are administered with the same strict protocols as the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
hurray

yippee
hurray

tee hee
yippee

hurray

Lol, shout out for joy!!!! Yeah, baby, yeah!!!!

Can we get back to discussion on this subject matter now?

The test is curved to an average of 70 with a standard deviation of 8. More than likely, your school has coverted that 70 to an 83 with the same SD. Overall perfomance on NBME's correlates very well to the USMLE which has an average around 217 and SD of about 23. Path and Phys are especially indicative.