hyperhidrosis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gracie1125

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking for case studies regarding hyperhidrosis.

Members don't see this ad.

I am looking for case studies regarding hyperhidrosis.

I am looking for my keys. Has anyone seen them?

Here you go OP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--w2oIBezi0

Beverly Hills 90210, Season 2, Episode 17 "Sweaty Palms and Weak Knees" episode 2.17.

No charge for the extra "Weak Knees" diagnosis.

Gaze upon Tori Spelling and know the wrath of AF M4.

Members don't see this ad :)
Forgive my lack of information. I assumed that posting on this forum would be an indication that my question would having a bearing on Military Medicine.
The only information that I have found regarding hyperhidrosis listed case studies from ww2 solders who were hospitalized with gangrene and trench foot. secondary hyperhidrosis caused by PTS. and issues of sweaty hands causing problems controling and safely handling weapons hand heavy machinery.
What i was looking for was studies involving soldiers ability to perform their duties as cryptic linguist , paralegal , and the medical fields. and other non combat duties.
I hope this meets your standards.

I was wondering if anyone knew that guy. He lives near that other guy. They're in that city by the ocean - or maybe it's a lake or river. Then again, there might not be any water. It rains there, but not all the time. I put this in the military forum because that guy saluted someone once and said "Thanks, chief". Neither one was in a uniform.

Oh, and I didn't see your keys. However, I did lose my 600+ narc pills prescribed to me each month. Even though I'm scarfing 20+ pills/day, I can't find them. kthxbai

I thought I was dealing with people of a professional nature, that may be able to help. :prof::wtf::wtf:

Send me your email.

I'll have a case study ready by tomorrow evening- GMO Flight Surgeon with wicked hyperhidrosis after walking all day sock-less in his loafers.

Let's get sensitive and beat this thing together!

thank you to those who treated me and my post with respect. As I said , I can find limited information and any help is greatly appreciated.
I posted on Neuro my mistake.. But they still suck. ..

Thank you for your kind words regarding the neurology forum. The response thread you started there has also been closed. Please read the SDN TOS before you make any further posts.

Best of luck to you in your "research".

Forgive my lack of information. I assumed that posting on this forum would be an indication that my question would having a bearing on Military Medicine.
The only information that I have found regarding hyperhidrosis listed case studies from ww2 solders who were hospitalized with gangrene and trench foot. secondary hyperhidrosis caused by PTS. and issues of sweaty hands causing problems controling and safely handling weapons hand heavy machinery.
What i was looking for was studies involving soldiers ability to perform their duties as cryptic linguist , paralegal , and the medical fields. and other non combat duties.
I hope this meets your standards.

I had a guy on my fantasy football league a few years ago who said that his hyperhidrosis was the reason he was always fumbling. I tried to get his autograph once, but his hand touched the paper while he was signing and everything got smeared because it was sweaty. It made me cry a little. You could try googling him.

I am seeing some attention seeking behavior.
We can talk about this if you like.

Lack of self worth
Jealousy
arrogant

my diagnosis
as a child, this person did not receive much attention from his parents or his peers He has grown up feeling neglected. These feelings are the main drive behind your attention seeking behavior.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahman Green! That was it - I remembered because ESPN just said he was retiring. Look, it even talks about his hyperhidrosis on his Wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahman_Green

He refused to use it as an excuse, and I remember drafting him in the 4th round in '03 and he sprang for a ton of TDs. Carried my team to a championship IIRC. I should send him a card or something congratulating him for the great career.

Gracie,

This might crush you, but my post was sarcastic, although I was touched by your PM. I will not be sending you any emails or pictures of my sweaty feet.

Tootles

61N

Also, my psychoanalysis of AF M4 could be encapsulated in one word: "insuperable"

I thought I was dealing with people of a professional nature, that may be able to help. :prof::wtf::wtf:

Professional people respond to professional behavior.

You post a one word subject with a thread body that looks more like a facebook update you put somewhere between "I need to take a dump" and "SooOOO tired, gonna catch some zZZzzzZZZZZ" and then get upset because no one is straining themselves to read your mind and do your obscure homework assignment for you.

Learn to communicate.

Here is a link to the International Hyperhidrosis Society at sweathelp.org.

http://www.sweathelpstore.com/categ...127E412A178CF17775C.qscstrfrnt06?categoryId=4

This is a page where you can make a donation to the society. Gracie, I'm a sweaty person myself, and I can sympathize with these folks and I owe something to Ahman Green. Therefore I propose the following:

- if you donate $5 to the above website to aid in the research and advocacy for hyperhidrosis victims, I will send you a picture of my sweaty feet.

- if you donate $25, I will make the picture of my sweaty feet my avatar for one year.

- if you donate $50, I will make a picture of YOUR sweaty feet my avatar for one year.

Whaddaya say? It's all for a good cause...

For my Hyperhidrosis patients I like to use the Drysol Dabomatic. It actually does quite well and lest costly than Botox.

I post this mostly because of the word Dabomatic. It is a rather funny word.

And we can be professionals, we just choose to mock you incessantly because your post was impertinant to start.

Thank you for all your posts . I was able to find limited information on the subject, thought I could not find how hyperhidrosis would be an issue in certain job fields.

You do recognize just how extremely esoteric your question was, right? "Studies examining the effects on job performance of hyperhydrosis on cryptologic technicians, medical personnel, and other non-combat personnel." I mean, seriously, how many cases of this do you think the average miliary physician actually diagnoses and treats? And even if someone were to group enough patients to do an observational study, why would think that it would focus on observations of functional problems?

Think about it this way: there are about 600 cryptologic technicians in the Navy. If you accept the high-end estimate of hyperhydrosis prevalence (3%), that means that there will be 18 crytologic technicians in the entire United States Navy who have the condition. And you really thought someone would have done a study on that?

It would be a damn fine use of our tax dollars if they did.

Thank you for all your posts . I was able to find limited information on the subject, thought I could not find how hyperhidrosis would be an issue in certain job fields.

Out of curiosity, why are you asking? Are you treating a patient, doing a write up/study, finishing a homework assignment, or requesting a waiver?

Well since this thread won't die....

I have experience treating hyperhidrosis in a soldier. My experience is n=1, so I am not planning on making my career as an expert. Botox was extremely effective when injected into both hands. Painful as it took approximately 40 injections in both hands. Bottom line this is a treatable condition. Hope this helps.

I am a high school psychologist. I have had several counselors come to me with questions regarding medical conditions that might be disqualifies for students wanting to join the military. I usually get questions regarding ADD , medications ect. This year I had three students with various degrees of hyperhidrosis . We advise our students that there is no guarantee that they will be able to join the military. But we try to keep them positive and help them reach their goal. If a student has a condition that I know will keep them from joining the military I can better assist them in accepting this and finding another path in life

I am a high school psychologist. I have had several counselors come to me with questions regarding medical conditions that might be disqualifies for students wanting to join the military. I usually get questions regarding ADD , medications ect. This year I had three students with various degrees of hyperhidrosis . We advise our students that there is no guarantee that they will be able to join the military. But we try to keep them positive and help them reach their goal. If a student has a condition that I know will keep them from joining the military I can better assist them in accepting this and finding another path in life

You probably would have gotten a better response if you had made your intentions clear, it sounded like you were either asking us to do a first year of medical school homework asignment for you or that you were trying to weasel out of your service obligation because you were 'too sweaty'. In any event what you need that isn't a case study, it's the guidelines for what is an is not a disqualifying condition for military service (and, if its disqualifying, what the odds are of recieving a waiver). The service's rules concerning what prevent you from joining the miliary might or might not be in line with the objective scientific reality you'd find in a case study.

Last edited:
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo.../613003p.pdf&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13130900224971

Above are the medical standards.

OP: I am curious: do you tell those that you counsel that the best way to interact, gain trust, and find help is to be as vague, circumspect, and appear as tangential or unrelated to the target audience as possible? Becuase this is how you started this thread. Then you became testy and confrontational essentially because your audience made light of your expectation that they would all be mind readers. Clearly, based on your last post, you are capable of asking a directed, clear, and relevent question. Why would you choose to do otherwise? You know of issues with transferrence and counter-transferrence, but on a simpler level, pease set a good example for your charges.

I thoroughly enjoyed this thread. I think that everyone benefited from it.

Everyone, that is, except for the International Hyperhidrosis Society.

That start would have gotten you the response you needed without the ribbing.

We will frequently address those issues on this forum with college kids looking to join HPSP or USUHS. Hyperhydrosis is certainly a condition for which a waiver could be obtained, but there are certain career fields in which it would be a detriment. EOD (the bomb squad) would be one in particular.

This was a great thread. I laughed, I learned, I grew as a person. Now I think it's time for the big musical finish:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YQuyV1iNmM[/YOUTUBE]

thank you everyone for your replies. the good, bad and ugly.