Hyperthermia in Cancer Treatment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Atlas

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody have some words of wisdom regarding Hyperthermia treatment as a supplement to radiation or chemotherapy? I'm trying to learn as much about this as I can because I'm interviewing next week for a Rad Onc summer fellow at M.I.R (Wash U). Anybody have any knowledge of hyperthermia? I'd appreciate any insight you may have to offer! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Do a search on PUBMED for hyperthermia and radiation and chemotherapy. PUBMED has almost every journal article ever published after a certain date (1960 I believe. Good luck with the MIR fellowship. They have a strong name in radiology and probably radiation oncology. WashU is a phenominal place.

I remember reading an abstract of a study published 3 to 4 months ago regarding hyperthermia treatment prior to chemotherapy. I cannot remember where the study was published, but the study was performed in West Germany. The cure rate was astronomical compared to standard treatment.