Hypothetical case for ortho

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

efficient

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Part I: 87
GPA: 3.60
Class rank: Top 20%
Some extracurriculars and research.
Would I have a chance for ortho?

Does anyone know what the average GPA is for admissions to ortho programs?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

So, people aren't constantly on SDN waiting to reply to a thread... sometimes you gotta give it a few days.

The question has also been asked many, MANY times before, look them up.

Basically... you have what you have.. if you want to do ortho apply, if not, then don't. ASDA has books out on programs and what their acceptance rate is, who they except, etc. But it all comes down to how much you want to do ortho, even if it takes you a few years to get in.... in other words..... go for it!!!!!!!!! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)

Average GPA is irrelevant. GPA is completely relative from school to school. You could have a 3.90 and be ranked 10th at one school but ranked 1st at another school. The only thing that matters is your class rank.

You should apply to a lot of programs, because your numbers aren't high enough to guarantee a lot of interviews. You do have a chance, though. Mostly it comes down to getting an interview and making a good impression at the interview, but you have to get the interview first, and to do that, again, you'll have to apply to a lot of programs.

Average GPA is irrelevant. GPA is completely relative from school to school. You could have a 3.90 and be ranked 10th at one school but ranked 1st at another school. The only thing that matters is your class rank.

You should apply to a lot of programs, because your numbers aren't high enough to guarantee a lot of interviews. You do have a chance, though. Mostly it comes down to getting an interview and making a good impression at the interview, but you have to get the interview first, and to do that, again, you'll have to apply to a lot of programs.

Thank you OGI! And furcation thanks for your feedback too. Next time I might have to pull my naber's probe!

between all the new programs, if you are willing to pay alot of money, anybody can get in.