I ACTUALLY got an interview invite in April...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SurgeonUFO

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
From Albany...just received it today. Not totally certain what to think...

Members don't see this ad.

From the looks of it, you better go to that interview! You have great stats and probably would have had 3-4 acceptances now had you applied on time.

From the looks of it, you better go to that interview! You have great stats and probably would have had 3-4 acceptances now had you applied on time.

That's harsh, but probably true.

Members don't see this ad :)
I fully intend on going! That wasn't what I was implying, just meant that I wasn't sure what to think about the interview being so close to the end of the season.

Go! Its my understanding albany still has spots open, so you won't even be interviewing for a waitlist spot.

Come join me next year!

Good luck, and read up on morals/bioethics!

Specificaly physician assisted suicide in oregon

I've got an interview to SUNY buffalo on April 11th, its kind of late but they've got interviews going till May 2nd. So who knows!

Every time I log in to SDN, I see a reference to a SUNY location I had never heard of. Honestly, there must be hundreds of SUNY med schools . . .

Every time I log in to SDN, I see a reference to a SUNY location I had never heard of. Honestly, there must be hundreds of SUNY med schools . . .

no, there are only 4 SUNY med schools. You don't see hundreds of them.

Congrats. If you're at all nervous, try doing some practice interviews.

I just received an interview invitation from the U of MN (twin cities) this morning 4/24. I thought I was SOL, but apparently they were still offering them. Unfortunately I had to choose between this friday or next monday, so it is very short notice. Wish me luck!

I just received an interview invitation from the U of MN (twin cities) this morning 4/24. I thought I was SOL, but apparently they were still offering them. Unfortunately I had to choose between this friday or next monday, so it is very short notice. Wish me luck!

Okay - GOOD LUCK!! :luck: :luck:

just wondering..
what would be a good reply to the "why do u wana be a doctor qu."? cant seem to think of anything but "love of science combined w/ love or working w/ ppl"..:confused:

just wondering..
what would be a good reply to the "why do u wana be a doctor qu."? cant seem to think of anything but "love of science combined w/ love or working w/ ppl"..:confused:

Ahh gotta love the wonderful circle of life called SDN.

just wondering..

It seems like everyone says that... On top of that, and maybe before you even mention "the love of science combined w/ love of working w/ people" you could also love a career:

1) That allows you to make important decisions that will have major impacts on peoples lives (you may be very satisfied with this and you get to see the results of your decisions)

2) That doesn't tie you to a desk all day

3) That is seen as a positive contribution to your community

4) That has a demand for my skills and knowledge so that I have options, job security, and can makea good living

5) That encompasses a laundry list of all these plus others, that when all added up, becomes the career that would make me the most satisfied

Just try not to be a cookie cutter applicant...

From Albany...just received it today. Not totally certain what to think...

I'd think that they wouldn't have invited you if they didn't have a seat open and didn't already like what they saw. Congrats! Go and have a great time.

I'd think that they wouldn't have invited you if they didn't have a seat open and didn't already like what they saw. Congrats! Go and have a great time.

He already went, he already got accepted, but I'm sure your post really helped him.:D