i am 9 and i want to be a doctor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

farqueue

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, i am 9 years old and i want to be a doctor. Any tips in doing so?

Members don't see this ad.

farqueue said:

Don't Do Drugs. Dont play World of Warcraft Either. Don't take advice from random strangers pretending to be doctors from online forums or chatrooms.

oh and one more tip. Make sure you ask all your teachers for REGRADES!

Members don't see this ad :)
farqueue said:
I find adults pretending to be little kids particularly creepy.

don't take my lunch money or i'll tell on the teacher.

that's right, i'll get the teacher in trouble. DON'T THINK I WON'T DO IT.

notdeadyet said:
I find adults pretending to be little kids particularly creepy.

? I turn 10 in december

farqueue said:

If you're just deciding now, you're too late! You should have started MCAT prep years ago! Have you even been published?

You're probably going to have trouble even getting into the Carib. Maybe try some PA programs.

Sorry dude, it's just too competitive.

farqueue said:
? I turn 10 in december
Dude, you're finishing your first year of a bachelor of health sciences degree at Universit of Auckland.

Again, creepy. And sad.

Sad thing is, this really is the case in China, S. Korea, and Japan. Korean girlfriend aced the math SATs when she was 12

Depakote said:
If you're just deciding now, you're too late! You should have started MCAT prep years ago! Have you even been published?
Sorry dude, it's just too competitive.

what's your GPA? do you always dress out in gym class or forget your shorts sometimes? do you stay after to clean the chalk board for the teacher?

farqueue said:
I call troll: new account, starts thread with a high-flame factor. Besides, if he/she is truly 9, we adults can get in big trouble talking to people under 18 years of age.

LifetimeDoc said:
I call troll: new account, starts thread with a high-flame factor. Besides, if he/she is truly 9, we adults can get in big trouble talking to people under 18 years of age.

For some reason the movie Kindergarten Cop popped into my head when you said this. When the woman finally isn't sick and goes to class and starts teaching and it's "never talk to strangers" day and that one kid says "what about kids can we talk to kids? can we talk to dogs?"

anyways...that is my random contribution

Members don't see this ad :)
SitraAchra said:
For some reason the movie Kindergarten Cop popped into my head when you said this. When the woman finally isn't sick and goes to class and starts teaching and it's "never talk to strangers" day and that one kid says "what about kids can we talk to kids? can we talk to dogs?"

anyways...that is my random contribution

arnold7wh.jpg

It's not a Toomah!!!

Start volunteering in the emergency department now. If you do, you'll have 15,000+ hours by the time you apply, and that will mean you're extra phony. ADCOMs love phonys! :thumbup:

farqueue said:

Have you concocted and administered your own shots/vaccinations? If not, then I would suggest you start....that covers your research portion of the EC. And you can jot down your results on a magna-doodle and have it published.

errrrr.... if the OP is in fact a university student, I'm confused as to why on earth he/she would want us to explain going in to medicine as if talking to a 9 year old??? :confused: If you're that clueless, this is not the place to say so and expect serious responses... :rolleyes: and posting history is too easy to look up to fool us! :p

do you have any detentions yet? Adcoms hate detentions, especially saturday detention :laugh:

Make sure you get contacts if you wear glasses before you hit the 6th grade, or else you'll be shunned as a geek until you hit college!

What are you wearing?

farqueue said:

You're too young to start worrying about that stuff now. Just focus on the hot pre-pubescent b*tches until you're ten. Then, start memorizing First Aid.

farqueue said:

First you need to grow up...

ask vaguely leading questions during exams when you can't "understand" a question. If your professor isn't cagey or suspicous, hell probably tell you exactly what you need to answer the question.

/annoying premed powers to the rescue

farqueue said:

um... i don't think the term "any tips in doing so" is a common phrase for 9 year olds....

Eat your spinach and take a Kaplan course.

-Mike

Cheat your way to the top of the class!

The only thing more entertaining then this thread are the people who are actually taking it seriously. :laugh:

Stay in school until you learn to capitalize your "I"s you use and despite what cooties might make you think, chicks are NOT the devil.

Depakote said:
I'm pretty sure premed machine reproduces asexually, more efficient, thus more time to study. That would make him a clone.

LOL :laugh:

I like the user name. No, no, Farq you! By the way, if you are premedmachine I have to give you props. Best troll ever.

shaka1734 said:
Don't Do Drugs. Dont play World of Warcraft Either. Don't take advice from random strangers pretending to be doctors from online forums or chatrooms.
pffttzzz, i would say... do as much as u want b4 u have to seriously study for the mcat
enjoy life, little bro

I couldn't press the shift key and a letter at the same time when I was 9...lol

TP

I shall call him: Mini-Gunner

farqueue said:

he's busy setting up an experiment to empirically prove that, infact, no one lives in his closet and comes out at night to scare him.

lol

I laugh that this thread is two pages long. Also at people who take it seriosely. Lucky "9 year old," wish I knew I wanted to be a doc at nine...I would have started my pre-reqs.

Callogician said:
You're too young to start worrying about that stuff now. Just focus on the hot pre-pubescent b*tches until you're ten. Then, start memorizing First Aid.

:D

:D :D :D

farqueue said:
Why yes! Yes, I do!

Run.. RUN AWAY WHILE THERE'S STILL TIME!!!! :eek:

also, don't feel bad sirtony, i still can't from time to time :D

bbas said:
The only thing more entertaining then this thread are the people who are actually taking it seriously. :laugh:

Is anyone taking this seriously though? I don't even see anyone that posted anything serious in response to this? :laugh:

ironmanf14 said:
Is anyone taking this seriously though? I don't even see anyone that posted anything serious in response to this? :laugh:

In NZ, it's a 6-7 year mbchb degree right out of high school. It seems implausible that he's in auck univ and not gone to med school yet. second, he's 9, and in university.

I think SDN'ers don't like another premed machine, this time torturing them for the next 12 years.