I am a Psychologist, partner is a PA-C. Ideas for collaborative side gigs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jade1234

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a Licensed Clinical Psychologist. Husband is a Physical Assistant. We both have jobs, but a little side income never hurt anyone.

Does anyone have any ideas for (legal, ethical) side gigs that we could do together as a couple (related to our respective fields)? The first ideas that come to mind are workshops, coaching (not thrilled about this idea).

If it helps, he has an interest in internal medicine and ER. My interests include depression, grief and trauma.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

I am a Licensed Clinical Psychologist. Husband is a Physical Assistant. We both have jobs, but a little side income never hurt anyone.

Does anyone have any ideas for (legal, ethical) side gigs that we could do together as a couple (related to our respective fields)? The first ideas that come to mind are workshops, coaching (not thrilled about this idea).

If it helps, he has an interest in internal medicine and ER. My interests include depression, grief and trauma.
CEU workshops for Physical Assistant would be a good side gig...their board and/or professional association might have certain requirements for CEU providers. There usually are application(s) and/fees involved.

Members don't see this ad :)
I could certainly see a market for workshops or consulting around supporting caregivers of folks with severe and/or chronic injury/disability if that's an area of expertise y'all have- our AMC has recently taken a greater eye to this after a colleagues' experience with TBI and rehab, and her family's stressors as partner took on caregiving role and they felt kind of abandoned / lost at times by the hospital system- that experience was by savvy folks (both with advanced degrees and working in that hospital system) so is likely very common and more frustrating for general public. Now the dept has a focus on training nurses, SW, other staff and looking at how to improve support with my colleague's involvement which has been a very interesting process to observe from afar.

Reactions: 1 user
I mean you could work together if he had an interest in psych and a supervising psychiatrist

I mean you could work together if he had an interest in psych and a supervising psychiatrist

You'd just have to be careful about referring patients to spouses as it can be seen as a sort of self-dealing/kickback considering you financially benefit from the referral.

Reactions: 1 user
What insurance do you have? The PA could bill for a nightly "physical exam" and the psychologist could bill for a 15 min "H&B" session afterwards.

(Do not do this)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
What insurance do you have? The PA could bill for a nightly "physical exam" and the psychologist could bill for a 15 min "H&B" session afterwards.

(Do not do this)
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You'd just have to be careful about referring patients to spouses as it can be seen as a sort of self-dealing/kickback considering you financially benefit from the referral.
Ugh this is why I haven't really pushed down this route.

CEU workshops for Physical Assistant would be a good side gig...their board and/or professional association might have certain requirements for CEU providers. There usually are application(s) and/fees involved.
Hmmm, might have to look into this. Thanks!