2+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student

This is Rafael. I recently got graduated from my medical school in my country, and moved to the US as a permanent resident. Currently I'm studying for USMLE, but I wonder if there is any other stuff I can do by now. For example, I read about fellowships.

What are your thoughts? Thank you!!


2+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2019
There are certain "international“ fellowships that do not require the usmle, but they are very selective. Without the usmle, you cannot have patient contact. Fellowships | Dermatology . International fellowships that allow for patient contact all require the usmle completed by the time you begin.
Most likely, taking the usmle and applying for residency is your best chance.
Alternately to applying for a fellowship, you may be interested in applying for an observership to start after you finish your usmle tests. These are easier to obtain, as you pay for them.
Last edited:
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.