I am applying MD/PHD exclusively. Would you please chance my stats for admission?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureNeuro328

Reaction score
This is my first post here, so please bear with me.

•Degrees Awarded:
-Bachelor's of Science in Materials Physics
-Bachelor's of Science in Biochemistry
-Minor in Nanoscale Science

•Institution Info:
-Overall GPA: 3.66
-BCPM GPA: 3.63
-Major GPA: 3.77
-4 year institutional GPA: 3.94 (Graduated Cum Laude)

(My overall and BCPM GPA is only bad because of my horrendous performance in my early college days. I recieved straight 'A's with the exception of 1 'C' at my 4 year state institution.)

•Extracurriculars:
-Member of Phi Delta Epsilon
-Member of the National Biomedical Engineering Society.

-2.5 years of clinical volunteer work.
-2 month physician shadow internship.
-1 year clinical research internship.

-Humane Society Volunteer for 5 years

•Research Experience:
-Wrote, defended, and published an original Senior Honors Thesis.
-Conducted independent research for a year and a half. (This does include my Honors Thesis Research. If I include that, it is close to 3 years.)
-Conducted 8 months of directed class research.
-1 Poster, 1 Publication (Library)

-SURF Fellowship Recipient.

•Test Scores:
-MCAT Score: 524
-GRE Score: 334 (170 Quant, 164 Verbal)

(If it is relevant, I am also a US Navy Veteran and I am a Florida resident.)

Here is a list of some of the main schools I am looking at.

University of Washington, Tufts University, Northwestern University, Yale University, University of Minnesota, University of Michigan, University of Colorado Denver, University of Wisconsin, Vanderbilt University, University of Rochester, University of Pittsburgh, University of Maryland, University of Connecticut, Penn State University, University of Pennsylvania, & University of Miami.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Looks like a strong app imo. Would be helpful to state whether you're planning to do the PhD in engineering or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
With this profile you can reach higher than these schools, if that's what you want to do. These schools are all good 'match' schools (insofar as that makes sense for MD-PhD). I suggest sending in apps to Harvard/MIT (HST), Penn, Columbia, and Stanford, all of which are engineering-friendly

With this profile you can reach higher than these schools, if that's what you want to do. These schools are all good 'match' schools (insofar as that makes sense for MD-PhD). I suggest sending in apps to Harvard/MIT (HST), Penn, Columbia, and Stanford, all of which are engineering-friendly
Do you seriously think I am competitive for the likes of Harvard, Penn, and Columbia medical schools? I mean, I am applying to Yale, but I've always thought of those are dream schools that I would never have a shot at.

Sent from my SM-G965U using SDN mobile

Do you seriously think I am competitive for the likes of Harvard, Penn, and Columbia medical schools? I mean, I am applying to Yale, but I've always thought of those are dream schools that I would never have a shot at.

Thought you weren’t applying md PhD anymore ? In any case, those schools are reaches for anyone but your profile would be at least in range

Thought you weren’t applying md PhD anymore ? In any case, those schools are reaches for anyone but your profile would be at least in range
Don't believe I am. This is a bit older than my other post. I am mainly just looking at standalone MD now. I'm just a little shocked to know that my stats are in range for those schools lol.

Don't believe I am. This is a bit older than my other post. I am mainly just looking at standalone MD now. I'm just a little shocked to know that my stats are in range for those schools lol.

Well it's clear from the MSAR that they are.

Well it's clear from the MSAR that they are.
I am not a subscriber to the MSAR, so this is quite awesome to find. Guess I'll throw them in the barrel for application schools, but I won't hold my breath lol.

Reactions: 1 user

your 100th percentile MCAT puts you in range for ANY school. Go nuts and good luck!