I am confused. Please advise me.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ForceField

Impervious
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am confused. I was rejected from the University of Wisconsin - Madison in late August; they said it was because I didn't meet the qualifications of a highly competitive non-resident. However, today I just received an invitation to complete their supplemental. What's going on?

Members don't see this ad.

Call them up.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called them up this morning, told them what happened, and after the secretary looked up my data, she said, "You were rejected?! On our computer it has your status as "Hold for Completed Secondary," so I guess my application is on hold, and I'm not rejected. I am, however, a little suspicious. I am a nonresident, and maybe they just want the secondary fee, and then reject me. Who knows. Is anybody in the same boat as me? Or did anybody have this happen to them last year? :confused:

I am also a non-resident and got rejected preseconcary this week. My stats aren't too bad, so they obviously screen out-of-staters somewhat rigorously. Consider yourself lucky and send in your secondary. Wisconsin is a good school and outside of the winters, Madision is a great town.

I think it makes a big difference when you interview early at some schools. At St. Louis the dean of Admin said basically "You were all hand picked to be in the first interviewing group, and you'll all be accepted" Seriously, he really did say that! (Now, I'll let you know, come Oct. 15th, if it was true at least in my case.)

At VCU/MCV, however, the dean said that they're only going to accept the top 20% of the interviewees they've seen on Oct. 15th, some will be rejected and the rest will be held until later in the year to make sure they don't fill up the class too soon.

It probably depends on how many students a school interviews.

Jade~

I don't know that an early interview suggests a likelihood of acceptance at any school. However, I do think that a late interview is suggestive of an unlikely acceptance, since by that time the majority of the class if filled.