I am confused

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arch Guillotti

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to select programs to apply to. On the ERAS screen under "my programs" I am selecting the state and specialty (gas). The particular programs then pop up. The programs say nothing under them if it is a 2-4 program. Fine. And they say categorical/advanced/pgy1/pgy2 etc if they have a pgy-1 associated track (ie 1-4 program). This info. matches up with the FREIDA website. Until..

Here is where I am lost: Iam looking at Arkansas as an example. They list nothing under ERAS so I assume it is a 2-4 program. However, under FREIDA they do not require previous gme and also have preliminary positions available. They also have residents in years 1-3 but none in year 4.

Am I missing something here? TIA

Members don't see this ad.

Looking at it a little more, it must be that Arkansas is only a 1-4 program. I know they have had problems in the past. I wonder if thsi accounts for zero in the year 4 class under freida?

Now I am looking at Florida. Per ERAS they offer categorical and advanced tracks. On FREIDA they offer 8 year one slots but then it says that they don't offer preliminary positions. What the heck? I think I am looking at this cr@p too much.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you always go onto forums to talk to yourself? :laugh:

Arch,
Don't rely on FREIDA too much. It is just the results of a survey the different programs fill out. I think some programs take it more seriously than others. Use FREIDA and then go to the programs website and verify most of the info you are looking for.
If the schools website is of no use, call the program directly.

On ERAS if the programs say give you no choice as to which track to choose that means there is not a choice. It could be that it is a straight 4 year program or only 3. I think Arkansas is a straight 4 year program, hence no choices offered.
Good luck.

:)