I am done!!! But...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dencology

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. i am back.

so i finished my test today. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW

There is so much to write here: there is so many to thank but i have to write later in another thread.

anyways, these are my scores, i am not satified with QR but the overal is good. at least. i have to wait and see. i have already applied in summer and i just need to call the school to see if my QR score is a stumble or i have a chance. I also need to take my Biochemestry and if some schools recommend i may need to take some other science courses. But at this point all i can do is call them and see what they say. anyways

Bio 18 ( does not help you either know it from the foundation or it will be hard)

Gchem 18,
i thought there were too many calculation here it was not like this last year. the test got harder much more, i mean much more.

Ochem 19
, was ok. mostely reaction and some word questions. easy lab.

PAT 18 (YOU THINK THAT YOU DID GOOD BUT FOR SOME REASONE IT JUST DOES NOT REFELECT THE WHAT YOU KNOW. I THOUGHT I NAILED IT BUT FOLDING WAS HARD. T F E WAS HARD TOO. BUT THE REST WERE OK. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT WENT WRONG. OH, I SAW ONE QUESTION THAT IT WAS COMPLETELY WRONG. IT WAS WHOLE PUNCH. MAN WOW CAN THEY DO THIS. ANYWASY

RC 18, easy passage, i wish i had more time.

QR 14 :thumbdown:( i have to see what happens with this. i hope i don't have to take DAT anymore. i am tried of this. i hate the word DAT. :laugh:

AA 17
TS 19

GPA 3.2, but i am planning to take few more science courses, so i may be alble to bump it up to 3.4 or higher, i have to see.

Let me know what you guys think, either for this cycle or next or if i have any chance at all.

love you all specially Dentista, streetworlf, you rock man.

i be intouch.

GL.

Members don't see this ad.

those scores are ok unless you're an underrepresented minority where you should have a shot of getting several interviews. you should apply for the next cycle because most schools' deadlines have passed. probably take the exam again since the 14 on QR doesn't look good as most schools have a 17 or 18 cutoff.

Call up the schools you are interested in to see if they have a cutoff... a QR of 14 is an automatic boot for some places so you might want to find out sooner than later.

One of my friends did well on DAT except 14 on MATH and got rejected.

I don't know why but it seems that
people good in math = over 18
people with bad luck = always exact 14 because I've never heard of score 0~13 or 15 in that section :)

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my friends did well on DAT except 14 on MATH and got rejected.

I don't know why but it seems that
people good in math = over 18
people with bad luck = always exact 14 because I've never heard of score 0~13 or 15 in that section :)

... ive heard of a 10 before...

I know i hated hearing it myself after my first DAT but ... I unfortunately am going to have to recommend a retake with your combo of GPA and DAT

i will take my chances, and i will try to boost my GPA. I am dental technician with god know how much experience. i mean i make the crowns and bridges and veeners and all the goodies that you see in patients mouth. From designing bridge work to milling. so i am sure dental schools understand this. plus i have a family to support. it is not that i am single and have nothing in my life just studying. Pluse i have improve so much from last time i had: this was my third time. i am happy with my scores but again math is worrying me. we just have to wait and see.

fist time second time

BIO 16 18
Gchem 17 18
Ochem 19 19
PAT 17 18
RC 11 18
QR14 14

TS 19

so we will have to see. i know there are a lot of you that got in with less than 14 and i am sure there will be one dental school in this country that would want me. honestly i don't care where i go. i just want to learn dentistry and practice. sometimes the best dentist are not the ones with the high grade.
i have friends in dental school who hates it and they keep asking me to do their lab work. but i am sorry first of all why you went to this field and second, this is not honest to ask me to do your work.

but we will have to wait and see. i am sure god will help me. up to know he did. the rest is up to him.

love you all. please stay in touch.

love you streetwolf, zumma, dentista. and everyone else that helped me.

I would check on the school. Some schools don't really care about your QR, but some REALLY do. I know at the school I'm applying to doesn't really care, but they do want at least 15 and above. BTW...for those who has never seen anyone with 15 QR...Here I am. I'm not proud, but we do exist...ha-ha. I am retaking the end of Dec. and hopefully I'll have higher scores...especially the QR.

Best of luck to ya and I'm sure your experience will be a big help in your admission process.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks buddy. i really worked hard this time. This is not a joke. this is my future. so after getting this test done. i was really excited. but i did not like my 14 in math. but i can only do so much. so this was my ability. anyhow, i am happy it is over. and now the application process begins.

thanks for those that supported me through out this. i really appreciate all your help. you guys know how you are.

good luck with the rest of the process, i'm sure you'll hit somewhere. i'm in the final stages of reviewing before scheduling for the exam and i can't wait till its all over, studying for this thing is awful and depressing (i wish i would of started a year ago and done it little by little than trying to cram everything in a 3 month span)

what did you use to study for your PAT?

One of my PAT folding questions was wrong too I memorized it and I can prove that it was wrong, so I am not the only one. :(

One of my PAT folding questions was wrong too I memorized it and I can prove that it was wrong, so I am not the only one. :(
one of my hole punch was wrong tooo!!... i was so sure that it was a mistake...i remembered i looked at it so many times and even went back for it after i had 5 min left.... they need to fix their PAT section ,seriouslluy!!!..

yes. i can tell you that one of my whole punch was wrong. so i could have scored 19 instead of 18. do anyone think i should contest it? i mean i don't want to sound like a jerk, but there is a big diff b/w 18 and 19 in PAT!!!!

i studied everything except Schaum, what ever it is spelled. i hate that book. but overal, study everything.

fell two times, so this was my third time. i mean you got to know what i went through,

the first time i didnot know why i even took it. i was not ready my any mean. there was a gap of 5 years in b/w the first time and the second time. i only studied 5 months 4 this test and i did not do well. then i told myself that i got to do this. i mean i was a dental technician by the end of the second time and i wanted a better life. make money and also be in touch with patients directly, i don't like to be the behind the sceen guy. i want to show my talent, i wan to show what i have. and i believe in myself that i can be the best out there. there were times that i was so depressed and i just wanted to kill myself. my wife really supported me. she worked hard to pay the bill while i was studying. I wanted to quit many times but then i told myself, impossible is nothing (Addidas adverst). so i did not give up i keept on going. i tried different method. i even practices some math with my mom (lolol) do what it takes,

i will drive this to the finish line. I belive in myself.

I learned somethig from the movie Pursuit of Happyness by will smith, "if you have a dream go get it. Don't let anyone take that away from you."

this is me. i will do this.

GL everyone. i love you all. you know who you are!!!

lol you finally took this damn thing huh? I'm gonna miss going into the DAT subforum and seeing lines of your questions. Haha good luck dude

the folding was wrong. there was no dotted line to show where it was being folded. did you have the same?

the folding was wrong. there was no dotted line to show where it was being folded. did you have the same?

people are quick to assume that 'the question was wrong'... it is naive, but at the same time arrogant, to jump to such a conclusion.

have you thought about a non-traditional fold.. ie folding it backwards? we saw some of these on the Canadian DAT in november.

people are quick to assume that 'the question was wrong'... it is naive, but at the same time arrogant, to jump to such a conclusion.

have you thought about a non-traditional fold.. ie folding it backwards? we saw some of these on the Canadian DAT in november.

the fold was wrong. it was not even non traditional. and plus Canadian DAT is different than US DAT.

The Canadian PAT follows the same rules as the American PAT. What the hell is a non-traditional fold -- maybe if you can give us an example? The fold that keliao illustrated is perfectly legit; you just have to realize that they folded part of the paper upwards and left the other half as is.

The line indicates as front folding pattern and dotted line indicates as back folding. I mentioned in thread sometime ago when someone asked. hmmmmm.

But overall , I think you shown improvement. I really think you have a higher chance to get in. Keep it update to us.