i am feeling hopeless again

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothpaste2006

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, so this message is for all you whose GPA is in the low range (overall 3.54, Science 3.44). I am re-writing my DATs in July and sending my application in this week. I know my DAT scores will not be in till August which I think is sort of late but I would rather study the best I can and then do a half-a** job on them. I might reschedule my exam to August 15th or earlier depending on my prep.
I have lots of research/scholarships (even with my grades, I still made up for them with leadership roles), lots of volunteering experience, dental research, shadowing 500+ hours.

I still feel hopeless. I applied last cycle but did not get in because my PAT and RC scores were low and GPA was lower. I feel like this is all I want to do but do you think my application will be late by the time my DAT scores arrive? I called schools and they said that they wont look at it till they see my DAT scores.
Does anyone else feel depressed/sad/hopeless???

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't get a single interview last year, and I felt like s..t.

Anyways, buy destroyer, Kaplan, achiever, top score....beat the damn crap of out all four and get 23+ and you'll get in somewhere. That's what I hope will happen to me because Im really hoping that I will get in somewhere this year.

I applied May 15th, have a decent GPA, graduate from a good school, assisted, volunteer, research, good letters and so Im hoping all this will help.

sometimes you just have to try your best and hope that it's good enough.

Members don't see this ad :)
your GPA isn't the problem. since you didn't post your DAT scores, it must be your DAT scores in those 2 sections that you listed. why can you not take the DAT earlier? mid-august is kind of late.

I took my DAT 8/14 last year...got 2 interviews first cycle and the 6 more 2nd cycle...

Stop worrying about it...just do your best and go from there

that's exactly what i was thinking!!! work hard on your dat!!
good luck!

Seriously! 2.5 is a low gpa! Your gpa is respectable. Do well on the dat and your fine. Don't worry, whats meant to be will be. Don't get down on yourself, thats really not gonna help you. Just focus on what you need to do next (writting your dat) and don't worry about anything else.
just my $0.02

g/l

hi all, thanks so much for your kind support. Its ppl like u that make the world go around :) i was just feeling really down about this. I need to kill the dat to get admissions this year. I am writing it on AUG 15th which I just checked...if i feel ready I might push it up a little bit.

Today, I will call all schools that I am applying to and ask what date they are looking at apps..some dont start till september! so make sure that I am not tooooo late.

thanks guys!

applying for the third year in a row. only got two interviews last year, and one the year before. depressed? yes.

I don't understand why you are feeling hopeless. The truth is, your GPA is pretty darn competitve and there are many schools that have mean enrollee GPA that are lower than your score. Just kick ass on the DAT and I am sure you will be fine.