I am freaking out.... chance me guys :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qwerty934

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am sooooo paranoid. Can anyone please chance me.

I transferred from CC to 4 year with a 3.62 and graduated from 4 year school with 3.14 overall
I would say it is generally a down trend GPA.
I also have one "W" , but no repeated courses.

These two GPAs combined under AADSAS, I have 3.30 oGPA and 3.2 BCP and 3.22 Science.

for the DAT: 19AA 20TS 22OC 20GC 19BIO 22PAT, 16RC, 17QR

I currently work as a dental assistant and have approximately 900 hours + actual shadowing of about 100.
I have plenty of work experiences (have filled in all 5 and have thousands of work hours)
I have not a lot, but enough volunteer/community service about 150 hours(?) ish.
have total 4 letters and they are good except one.

Here are the list of schools I applied to:

CASE
LECOM
MARQUETTE
MIDWESTERN AZ
MIDWESTERN IL
MISSOURI
NYU
RUTGERS
BAYLOR (TEXAS A&M)
COLORADO
UCSF
MARYLAND
OKLAHOMA
SAN ANTONIO
HOUSTON
VCU
WEST VA
UNLV
WESTERN
USC (recently added)

** also thinking about adding NOVA to the list, but I see their cut-off GPA is around 3.20.
Should I add NOVA to the list?

What do you guys think? Please be honest with me! I will take whatever it takes!!!!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you're not from Texas you should save your money and not apply to any of the schools there (can't see your location on Tapatalk)

Well I'll throw in my 2 cents. I have an identical GPA as you, and one W as well....I applied with higher DAT scores than and havent gotten and interview at Midwestern or Nova yet, the two schools that seem to be giving them out already, but also no rejections so that may be encouraging.

As for your letters of rec, are you saying one them ISN'T good? If thats the case I would find a new letter writer ASAP.....I feel like even a slightly negative LoR would be a huge red flag.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your RC score is low and may be a problem. Most schools have a cut off of 17. I would suggest applying early and you'll probably get a couple interviews

Well I'll throw in my 2 cents. I have an identical GPA as you, and one W as well....I applied with higher DAT scores than and havent gotten and interview at Midwestern or Nova yet, the two schools that seem to be giving them out already, but also no rejections so that may be encouraging.

As for your letters of rec, are you saying one them ISN'T good? If thats the case I would find a new letter writer ASAP.....I feel like even a slightly negative LoR would be a huge red flag.

I'm sure it is NOT BAD, but not STRONG either. I did not get a chance to talk to my professor about personal stuff. But I did receive an A in his class.

Check out U of New England, Roseman, Tufts, and Boston U; their mean GPAs are on the lower end of the spectrum. Depending on your state residency I would drop a bunch of those schools from your list:

UCSF - very competitive for OOS
Rutgers - same
Colorado - seems to be regionally selective, if you aren't from midwest/west I wouldn't bother applying. Either way OOS is highly competitive
Oklahoma - same as colorado except the region is shifted south
Texas - absolutely do not apply if OOS

Second that about the letter, if it isn't good then replace it or scrap it entirely. If this year doesn't work out try to raise that DAT, especially the 16 on RC. Good luck!!!

Check out U of New England, Roseman, Tufts, and Boston U; their mean GPAs are on the lower end of the spectrum. Depending on your state residency I would drop a bunch of those schools from your list:

UCSF - very competitive for OOS
Rutgers - same
Colorado - seems to be regionally selective, if you aren't from midwest/west I wouldn't bother applying. Either way OOS is highly competitive
Oklahoma - same as colorado except the region is shifted south
Texas - absolutely do not apply if OOS

Second that about the letter, if it isn't good then replace it or scrap it entirely. If this year doesn't work out try to raise that DAT, especially the 16 on RC. Good luck!!!

Not sure about New England, but Tufts and Boston I did not apply because they don't take CC courses for Prereq and Roseman require minimum 17 on every sections on the DAT. I feel hopeless man

Don't feel hopeless, but be prepared to take the steps to be a more competitive applicant in the future if it doesn't work out this year. This could mean taking a year two off for a masters/post bacc, work experience, and retaking the DAT.