I am freaking out. I have NO idea what I should major in.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cofo

Super Cool Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 54 credit hours completed. But I have NO clue whatsoever as to what I want to get a degree in/major in. It's between English, Art, Political Science, and Humanities. I've made A's in all my biology courses, so it's not that I am lazy. My college sucks...I want to major in anthropology, but it doesn't teach it! So...I need some advice from you guys.
1. Which subject should I major in that will help me become a more intelligent person?
2. Which subject will dental schools frown upon AND smile upon?
3. Which one will contribute to me getting into dental school?
4. Add any advice you'd like to here.

Members don't see this ad.

bump. please i need advice.

Doesn't matter what you major is. If you like, you can even major in something crazy like philosophy. :laugh:. As long as you got the upper level science courses like biochem, A&P, pharmacology, microbio, pathology etc to back it up, they don't care what you major in

Members don't see this ad :)
if you REALLY have your heart set on anthropology - transfer to a school that offers it as a major. if you're fine with paying thousands of dollars to major in something you dont enjoy, that's fine too.

honestly, choose something you are interested in, and something you're good at. it is going to make it a lot easier for the next two years if you cover those two things!

They don't care what your major is. I think they even like to see majors other than Bio, it's refreshing. At my interviews there was nothing but praise for my choice of a Psychology major.

Maybe English? It would help your RC score ;) and there's been research that RC is the only section that is directly correlated with board scores. Strange but true.