Newman8r

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2004
paradise
Status
AnnieShiro said:
I know this is not unique to me, but seriously. I am going to suffer from severe bladder problems the next two weeks. I'm so anxious about decisions that I find myself reading SDN three times a day. I've hit rock-bottom; someone help.
reading SDN 3 times a day is not rock bottom.... you think you know, but you have no idea :laugh:

leaft

10+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
SDN checking 3 times a day.
that is NOTHING.
I'm at 5 or 6... or more... myself.
not to mention how many times I check my e-mail and my snailmail.

iamslowlygoingcrazysixfivefourthreetwooneswitch
crazygoingslowlyamionetwothreefourfivesixswitch

musiclink213

My room is a mess
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
New York
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
i think you'll really hit rockbottom once you set sdn as your home page (now that's scary!)

VPDcurt

2K Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
musiclink213 said:
i think you'll really hit rockbottom once you set sdn as your home page (now that's scary!)
That is pretty ridiculous. Have any of you done that? I prefer Google - no graphics at all so it loads really quickly.

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2002
CA
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
AnnieShiro said:
I know this is not unique to me, but seriously. I am going to suffer from severe bladder problems the next two weeks. I'm so anxious about decisions that I find myself reading SDN three times a day. I've hit rock-bottom; someone help.
Only 3 times a day? :laugh: ;) I'm too ashamed to admit how much I check SDN.

sdnstud

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
WTF...you're in at UMICH, NYU, AECOM and you're "so anxious." yea...if i were accepted to those schools, i'd pee in my pants too.....from being too happy, not from anxiety.

And man..i have similar numbers as you do and I didn't even get to smell UMICH, NYU from 100 miles away. Be happy with what you already have, sweetheart!

AnnieShiro said:

Without Wax

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2005
Status
sdnstud said:
WTF...you're in at UMICH, NYU, AECOM and you're "so anxious." yea...if i were accepted to those schools, i'd pee in my pants too.....from being too happy, not from anxiety.

I agree with sdnstud 100%. Ms.shiro, you have no right, authority, reason...to complain. U Mich, NYU... can not get any better than that.

Also if you are going to pee in your pants, you should wear a diaper.
When I worked as an ER volunteer, I had to change diapers for elederly patients and thought to myself, I should have one of this so that I do not have to go to a bathroom.

futuredoc10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Without Wax said:
I agree with sdnstud 100%. Ms.shiro, you have no right, authority, reason...to complain. U Mich, NYU... can not get any better than that.

When I worked as an ER volunteer, I had to change diapers for elederly patients and thought to myself, I should have one of this so that I do not have to go to a bathroom.
I once thought about wearing a diaper when going out to a bar/club...those bathroom lines can be pretty long sometimes.

Kazema

In a kingdom by the sea
15+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2004
Status
Medical Student
You mean you guys leave SDN?

ellia08

Medicine + Math = Awesome
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2004
the lab! yay!
Status
Medical Student
I understand your nervousness. Because while you might be in to a great school (which is absolutely wonderful, fabulous beyond description, etc) not knowing for sure where you are going to be next year is nerveracking plus there is so much of a person that becomes invested in this process that its hard to believe that all the ridiculousness of this past year will really end in the next three weeks. So dont feel self consious, pee away.

(I've never been a big peer so I wont join you, but I empathize)

trinitrotoluene

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status
sdnstud said:

And man..i have similar numbers as you do and I didn't even get to smell UMICH, NYU from 100 miles away. Be happy with what you already have, sweetheart!
BUMP. If you have 4 acceptances and 12 interviews, you have not right to complain. :thumbdown: Play those violins for those (like me) with one interview and no acceptances.

virilep

What can Brown do for u?
15+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2004
Visit site
Status
AnnieShiro said:
I think there's some medicine for that....

MedicineBird

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2004
Status
AnnieShiro said:

My suggestion: Ditropan XL

OP
A

AnnieShiro

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2004
Status
Without Wax said:

Look, I’m not complaining about my acceptances but obviously everyone has schools that they would much rather go to than others. I hated NYU and I'm not a fan of Ann Arbor. All my top choices happen to fall in the batch of upcoming acceptances, so I think I’m entitled to some nervousness.

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Caleefornia
Status
AnnieShiro said:

trinitrotoluene

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status
AnnieShiro said:
Look, I’m not complaining about my acceptances but obviously everyone has schools that they would much rather go to than others. I hated NYU and I'm not a fan of Ann Arbor. All my top choices happen to fall in the batch of upcoming acceptances, so I think I’m entitled to some nervousness.
And I have a right to not be sympathetic.

Suck it up and get over yourself.

krelian

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
Status
man, you people who are stressed out must have easy, care-free lives. unfortunately, i wish worrying about med school was the only thing on my mind. i can just imagine the incontinence when match day comes four years from now ;)

dopaminophile

nerd extraordinaire
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2004
Status
I love that it's a quarter kilo of chill too. haha

trinitrotoluene

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status
krelian said:
man, you people who are stressed out must have easy, care-free lives. unfortunately, i wish worrying about med school was the only thing on my mind. i can just imagine the incontinence when match day comes four years from now ;)
BUMP again.

palminator2003

Sosumi
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2004
Somewhere in New York
Status
AnnieShiro said:
Drink. Drink heavily. Then realize that all of the gunners are in the same boat you are. They're probably more stressed than you are :smuggrin: Anyway, good luck. :luck:

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Status
Medical Student

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Status
Medical Student
futuredoc10 said:
I once thought about wearing a diaper when going out to a bar/club...those bathroom lines can be pretty long sometimes.
ever go to a "bladder buster"...those bars with $2 beers until the first person pees?

anyway you can always try this:

http://www.stadiumpal.com/stadiumpal.html

aw buddy
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
visiting a forum three times a day is nothing - I've been at forums where people have posted every ~5 minutes for 18 hours