I am in alot of hurt/trouble.........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kfsa1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So I've been following SN2ed schedule for quite some time now, except I started it 1 month late as I found it 1 month late. So, you can imagine how much extra I've been doing everyday to compensate for it. Furthermore, I've just been staring at the computer screen for so long everyday (8 hours or more) for two and a half months that I just can't seem to sit down for long periods of time and focus on taking passages anymore.

I'm taking the exam April 10th and yesterday I tried to take a verbal section and ended up with a 6 when i normally average 9-10. Just now, I tried taking another verbal section to prove it was a fluke but gave up after reading into a passage for 2 minutes because I just wasn't processing the information. I'm well aware this could be a burnout but I've been slacking for almost 2 weeks now because I've been trying to take it "easy" (still did maybe 2-3 hours a day).

helllllllllllllpppppppppppppppppppppppp :(

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,
So I've been following SN2ed schedule for quite some time now, except I started it 1 month late as I found it 1 month late. So, you can imagine how much extra I've been doing everyday to compensate for it. Furthermore, I've just been staring at the computer screen for so long everyday (8 hours or more) for two and a half months that I just can't seem to sit down for long periods of time and focus on taking passages anymore.

I'm taking the exam April 10th and yesterday I tried to take a verbal section and ended up with a 6 when i normally average 9-10. Just now, I tried taking another verbal section to prove it was a fluke but gave up after reading into a passage for 2 minutes because I just wasn't processing the information. I'm well aware this could be a burnout but I've been slacking for almost 2 weeks now because I've been trying to take it "easy" (still did maybe 2-3 hours a day).

helllllllllllllpppppppppppppppppppppppp :(

you need to relax or else nothing productive will come of this situation. trust me, i was in this exact same position as you. It may very well be burnout if if thats the case, u need to take a couple days off with absolutely NO mcat related studying. Do something to take your minds off things and start up again in a few days. See if your score is back on track. If it is not, maybe it's an indicator that you need more time to practice passages/study. There is nothing wrong with postponing the exam a month if you feel like you can get a better score with more studying. Good luck!

Postpone your test. You are completely burned out. When you or anyone else, feels like they're burning out or people notice you're burned out, STOP STUDYING. Do NOT take "light" days. That worsens your burn out and wastes your time. Take a few days off where you do NOTHING related to the MCAT.

Postpone your test. You are completely burned out. When you or anyone else, feels like they're burning out or people notice you're burned out, STOP STUDYING. Do NOT take "light" days. That worsens your burn out and wastes your time. Take a few days off where you do NOTHING related to the MCAT.

SN2ed is right. I remember my score dropping very low when I hit burn out. I was working full time, school, interning, lab and MCAT studying. You need to take time off to recuperate. It's a horrible feeling I know...

Yea dude, my test is in a week, and my scores aren't exactly ideal, but I'm still trying to stay calm, and not over perform this week. What happens will happen. I know what you mean with verbal - just try to stay calm, do your best, what more can you ask? Keep practicing when your mind feels fresh.

Good luck.