i am looking for a partner/spouse

poloace

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, can i post requests for women in here? that would be rad...
p

Members don't see this ad.

Nope....I am afraid not.

This forum is 'spouses and partners'.....which implies that people here are already taken.

But I wish you luck in your search......I am sure there are plenty of single people in CA. :)

With smiles,
Wifty

Maybe we could have a new forum for dating. We could offer it as a service for med students and premeds that don't have time to do it the old fashioned way. We could all post our stats and submit LOR's then we could have an interview process where you can accept a date or put them on the acceptable to interview at a later date list or waitlist where you could find a date if the others aren't working. Alas, we could give each other advice how to "improve" our application or get off the waitlist. We would have to send letters of interest to our top choices. Finally a common sense approach to dating that we can all understand. I think it might work.... (just kidding)

Members don't see this ad :)
You forgot having to have huge debates on the merits of MD students over DO students. :) Which is of course, a major factor in the dating world just as it is in working life. :)

But I do think something must be done for all those single med students out there! I see how impossible it is to date and how good regular 'companionship' can be on overall stress levels. :)

Wifty

Originally posted by DoubleDoctor
Maybe we could have a new forum for dating. We could offer it as a service for med students and premeds that don't have time to do it the old fashioned way. We could all post our stats and submit LOR's then we could have an interview process where you can accept a date or put them on the acceptable to interview at a later date list or waitlist where you could find a date if the others aren't working. Alas, we could give each other advice how to "improve" our application or get off the waitlist. We would have to send letters of interest to our top choices. Finally a common sense approach to dating that we can all understand. I think it might work.... (just kidding)

why the "just kidding", doubledoc? sounds like a great idea to me!!! i'm so locked into this damn med school admissions process mindset, this would be ideal. we could even use "hotornot.com" as our version of the us news rankings.......

excuse me baby, are you on rolling admissions or are you making your decisions in march? do you like my E.C.s?

:laugh:

AMCDAS (american medical college dating application service), SDN mods, can you hook this one up? :D

Originally posted by DW
why the "just kidding", doubledoc? sounds like a great idea to me!!! i'm so locked into this damn med school admissions process mindset, this would be ideal. we could even use "hotornot.com" as our version of the us news rankings.......

excuse me baby, are you on rolling admissions or are you making your decisions in march? do you like my E.C.s?

AMCDAS (american medical college dating application service), SDN mods, can you hook this one up? :D

i can see it now....
thread title "anyone hear from DW yet???"
"my app has been complete since friggin october and i haven't heard a piddly peep! anyone else? how long does he take to review files? i attached a pic (with glue, not tape) and my "biodata." if you did hear from him ... what are you stats? i'm f 5'4" 120lbs redhair blue eyes 34-26-34. help!"

Originally posted by GoodMonkey
i can see it now....
thread title "anyone hear from DW yet???"
"my app has been complete since friggin october and i haven't heard a piddly peep! anyone else? how long does he take to review files? i attached a pic (with glue, not tape) and my "biodata." if you did hear from him ... what are you stats? i'm f 5'4" 120lbs redhair blue eyes 34-26-34. help!"

its a good sign you got a secondary. i do screen, and you definitely meet "the cutoffs" :laugh:

very thorough, and we take the "whole person" into account.

Originally posted by Sweet Tea
what's the interview like? ;)

well, sort of intimidating at first. i got all sorts of these ethical questions: "would you sleep with me in order to get in?" and "how do you feel about multiple partners and polyamory?" they were tough questions to field, but i think i handled them ok.

after the ethical questions, i got a lot of "what will you do if you don't get in" stuff, like "will you put on 30lbs and eat only ice cream? would you stop working out if i didn't accept you?"

then once the inquisition was over, i had to get on the floor. i was told it was routine. i dunno. but blitz was right, they definitely take the whole person into account. it wasn't just about numbers. i think one of my recommendations really helped me, though. DW said he heard i'd put out.

when i was done with the interview, DW gave me a business card and said it takes about 1 month to review my file and that his committee meets biweekly, so i should hear from him before the holidays. but i haven't heard yet! is this a bad sign? should i send new pics? should i still buy a plane ticket to hotlanta? and where is the best deal to find these tickets?

:D

Originally posted by poloace
hey, can i post requests for women in here? that would be rad...
p

Peter,
Do the ladies in the lounge know you're cheatin on em??? :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Tweetie,

You can hold multiple acceptances until May then you have to chose so technically it isn't cheating. :D :) :D

well, sort of intimidating at first. i got all sorts of these ethical questions: "would you sleep with me in order to get in?" and "how do you feel about multiple partners and polyamory?" they were tough questions to field, but i think i handled them ok.

after the ethical questions, i got a lot of "what will you do if you don't get in" stuff, like "will you put on 30lbs and eat only ice cream? would you stop working out if i didn't accept you?"

then once the inquisition was over, i had to get on the floor. i was told it was routine. i dunno. but blitz was right, they definitely take the whole person into account. it wasn't just about numbers. i think one of my recommendations really helped me, though. DW said he heard i'd put out.

when i was done with the interview, DW gave me a business card and said it takes about 1 month to review my file and that his committee meets biweekly, so i should hear from him before the holidays. but i haven't heard yet! is this a bad sign? should i send new pics? should i still buy a plane ticket to hotlanta? and where is the best deal to find these tickets?

well, my interview can be very strenous, but at least i 'm decent enough not to do "panel" interviews :p

so this is where poloace and DW come to recruit their women! boy i'm glad i looked in this forum. SP is now taking applications. granted it's not a top choice like polo and DW, but the quality of *ahem* education, is equally good in all three options.

i am however sensitive to applicants choosing me as their safety, so please make your case convincing.

of course, work experience is a plus, including a wide range of *ahem* talents, skills, and interests.

i dunno SP, this app cycle has been difficult on my finances. do you have any fee-waiver programs? i've spent so much money flying all over the place, and then all the weird freaking clothes for the interviews (you can't imagine how much a glitter thong that lights up can cost ya! couple that with a water bra and an imported feather boa and i'm broke! plus those formal suits that can be "ripped" off with one enthusiastic swoop to reveal said glittery thong - those are phenomenally priced)

and DW... thanks for not having the panel interview. i went to one, and they had a pole in the middle of the room, up on a stage. i didn't get to interact much with the people on the panel, but i made a few bucks. *shrug*

not to worry goodmonkey! you'll only need a small investment for your business attire. in fact you can keep your glittery thong and all i ask in addition are a pair of tassles, which should only set you back a few bucks.

all expenses paid, plus a generous merit based scholarship, should you be as good as this:
humpa humpa and then dumpa

Originally posted by Street Philosopher
not to worry goodmonkey! you'll only need a small investment for your business attire. in fact you can keep your glittery thong and all i ask in addition are a pair of tassles, which should only set you back a few bucks.

all expenses paid, plus a generous merit based scholarship, should you be as good as this:
humpa humpa and then dumpa

well faboo! my lucky day it is! i already own not one, but two (!) sets of tassles. one in silver (gold makes me look even more pale) and one in rainbow sparklies!

now you're putting me up in a good hotel for this trip, right? nothing pay-by-the-hour and no student hosts, please. as long as i don't have to write any essays, i'll definitely consider adding you to my schedule. ;)

oh, and should i still bring an extra pair of pantyhose in my every-girl-has-to-have-one-for-interviews black purse/bag? i'm assuming they'll catch a run on the handcuffs... ?

Maybe we could have a new forum for dating. We could offer it as a service for med students and premeds that don't have time to do it the old fashioned way.
isn't one of SDN's sponsors date-a-pro or something like that? I think they already beat us to it. I went to the site to check it out (yes, I am secure enough with myself to admit doing so :D) and they make you answer medical questions to verfiy your existence as a med-student or doctor. pretty funny stuff if you ask me.

hey SDN boys, I'm single ;) :D :love:

um, hey has anyone heard from DW post-interview? has he sent out post-interview rejections yet? i haven't gotten an acceptance OR a waitlist, so should i assume i've been rejected? DW don't you have an online status page or something? where do i stand? should i write a letter of intent? i'm going to be visitng friends in Atlanta this spring anyway, is there an office i can drop by?
:confused:

decisions are going out starting next week :D I wouldn't worry GoodMonkey, the adcom thinks highly of you, although if you want to you can send a letter of intent. I look favorably on that

and, i'll be having a "revisit" weekend for you this spring in Atlanta :p

Originally posted by DW
decisions are going out starting next week :D I wouldn't worry GoodMonkey, the adcom thinks highly of you, although if you want to you can send a letter of intent. I look favorably on that

and, i'll be having a "revisit" weekend for you this spring in Atlanta :p

*waiting by the mailbox* ;)

AHA! so this is where you girls are picking up your men! well, who needs AMCDAS....i'm meeting DW for a second interview tomorrow at 1. Read 'em and weep, ladies! I'm in-state, have decent numbers (5'1" 120, 34-26-??) and apparently did well enough at my first, ahem, interview to be granted a second....and neither panel style!! :love:

by the way, g-money, i'm disappointed in you.... you were in a room with a pole in the middle and you didn't know what to do??? what kind of SDN girl are you?? :confused:

Originally posted by chopsuey
by the way, g-money, i'm disappointed in you.... you were in a room with a pole in the middle and you didn't know what to do??? what kind of SDN girl are you?? :confused:

oh hon, did u really read the post? ;) i didn't interact w/the panel much (not much answering of questions) ... but i did make some good cash. ;) :D

oh hon, did u really read the post? ;) i didn't interact w/the panel much (not much answering of questions) ... but i did make some good cash. ;) :D

ok, ok...you are correct! I was entirely too excited by the idea of the second interview with DW to read cleary!

so, what do you think i should wear to the interview? are fishnets and stiletto boots in order...or are those too tame? unfortunately, my entire collection of glitter lingerie is at the cleaner's... i wasn't expecting a second interview so soon!:eek:

well from my experience, the glittery undergarments aren't necessary at DW's interview. nor the rainbow tassles, really. (but i think they did help! ;) ) you could go for subtle - a$$less pants, for example. they look 'normal' from some angles, but when u know the interviewer is paying attention, be sure to really need to get something from your purse, which is behind you, on the floor. ;) :D the fishnets and stilettos would also be fine, as long as the stilettos are lace-up streetwalking boots. :D he's a tall guy, so the heels would be a good idea.

g-money...thanks for the advice!! i think everything went well!

did i mention how glad i am to have someone like you to go through this application process with? :love:

g-money...thanks for the advice!! i think everything went well!

did i mention how glad i am to have someone like you to go through this application process with? :love:

teehee and i'm sure DW is thankful we are "going through" this "process" together as well ... ;)

i assume the 2nd interview went well? something about lingerie shops? :eek:

teehee and i'm sure DW is thankful we are "going through" this "process" together as well ... ;)

i assume the 2nd interview went well? something about lingerie shops? :eek:

;) don't worry, g-money...i would take you to the lingerie shops, too, if you came to visit :D

Originally posted by cmz
... But are you catholic? :D
YES I AM! (hello, oldest of 6 kids?)

;) don't worry, g-money...i would take you to the lingerie shops, too, if you came to visit :D

displays of cooperation and "teamwork"....hmm, sounds like what i'm looking for in potential matriculants :p

goodmonkey, i would say usually the late spring interviews would hurt your chances, but due to the particular strength of your application, the adcom will wait patiently :D

Originally posted by cmz
ahh, cmz, my grandfather was talking about my cousins "supposed" boyfriend last night at dinner. I asked why he was only "supposed" He answered with a, I don't even know if he is catholic or not. How bout that for hard core? :D

Originally posted by DW
goodmonkey, i would say usually the late spring interviews would hurt your chances, but due to the particular strength of your application, the adcom will wait patiently :D

:love:

Originally posted by DW
displays of cooperation and "teamwork"....hmm, sounds like what i'm looking for in potential matriculants :p

hmm...i guess that means that this isn't in the bag yet :(

DW...should i continue to send in weekly updates on what i can offer to your, um, program? ...or is that overkill?

Originally posted by seaworthc
ahh, cmz, my grandfather was talking about my cousins "supposed" boyfriend last night at dinner. I asked why he was only "supposed" He answered with a, I don't even know if he is catholic or not. How bout that for hard core? :D

That's awesome. I used to date this fantastic woman, but she wasn't catholic... needless to say, things didn't work out, etc. Then a few months later, my mom brings her name up in a convo wondering if I still talk to her. I can't win...

cmz, the great thing about New Orleans is that so many people are Catholic, I only dated one person who wasn't in the almost 6 years I have been here. and now I'm most likely heading back to TX, full of protestants. :rolleyes: it is hard, I don't worry about finding the "one" now, but if I start dating someone and getting involved and they aren't catholic, it is in the back of my head.

my mom wants me to get back together with my high school bf who wasn't catholic, which I don't quite get. maybe I am supposed to use my charms and convince him to convert? :confused:

Originally posted by cmz

I think what CMZ really means is umm... Do you got one of them catholic schoolgirl outfits layin around? eh?:D

Originally posted by seaworthc
if I start dating someone and getting involved and they aren't catholic, it is in the back of my head.

maybe I am supposed to use my charms and convince him to convert? :confused:

Ok this whole concept is REALLY scarey to me. Women trying to convert me is the number one reason why my previous relationships haven't worked out. It's funny cuz they tell me that I'm their perfect guy in every way..cept the whole religion thing (and that's always been enough to break us up).

I was pretty much engaged at one point...except that she wanted me to become a muslim so that we could get married in a mosque..

Then my last real gf....lived with me for 8 months and we made plans for the future, but she had MAJOR issues over sex. Bottom line...she loved it and couldn't get enough of it, and it tore her up because in her mind it was a sin.

Funny part is that the religion thing tore us up so bad that she broke things off. I heard that she eventually went back to a guy who treated her like **** but was the same religion as her...

Seaworth and CMZ here's a lil advice. If you find THE ONE, but they're not the same religion as you..I suggest that you practice some of that "open mindedness and acceptance of other people" that some deeply religious people prize so much but so rarely practice.

If you really love somebody then you won't try to change them.

Originally posted by UCLA2000
Ok this whole concept is REALLY scarey to me. Women trying to convert me is the number one reason why my previous relationships haven't worked out. It's funny cuz they tell me that I'm their perfect guy in every way..cept the whole religion thing (and that's always been enough to break us up).

I was pretty much engaged at one point...except that she wanted me to become a muslim so that we could get married in a mosque..

Then my last real gf....lived with me for 8 months and we made plans for the future, but she had MAJOR issues over sex. Bottom line...she loved it and couldn't get enough of it, and it tore her up because in her mind it was a sin.

Funny part is that the religion thing tore us up so bad that she broke things off. I heard that she eventually went back to a guy who treated her like **** but was the same religion as her...

Seaworth and CMZ here's a lil advice. If you find THE ONE, but they're not the same religion as you..I suggest that you practice some of that "open mindedness and acceptance of other people" that some deeply religious people prize so much but so rarely practice.

w3rd. screw all that #$#@

Amen to that!

If it came down to a choice, I would choose a guy of a different religion if everything else was right, over someone of my own faith with whom I know I would not be happy. I definitely would NOT want someone to convert just to please the religious nut in me. :( I actually worry about that--maybe the conversion would change them into someone I didn't like as much--you know what I mean?

Anyway, the loophole is this: I made a promise to raise my children in my own faith, but I never actually promised to marry someone of my faith. It would just be a whole lot easier if I did.

==================

OK, enough seriousness. Any other stories from the AMCDAS interview trail? ;)

you mis-quoted me UCLA, shame on you :)

I was suggesting my mom thought I should try and convert these guys because I know she would have a huge prob with my brining a non-catholic boy home. however, if I thought he was the one, I would.

and I didn't conciously pick out catholic boys here, they just happened. :D

Well, I never turn down a woman based on her religion (unless she has her spine pierced and worships satan). Being catholic is just a plus, that's all...

Originally posted by cmz
Well, I never turn down a woman based on her religion (unless she has her spine pierced and worships satan). Being catholic is just a plus, that's all...

A lil piercings here and there would be quite neat:D

Originally posted by Kovox
A lil piercings here and there would be quite neat:D
in the SPINE!?! :eek:

Hey cmz?

The offer you made me yesterday evening concerning your admin skills, still open? :laugh: I think I might be ready to take you up on the offer.