1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

I AM NEW HERE! GOT SOME QUESTONS!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by UrSexyLatinDr, Apr 1, 2002.

1. UrSexyLatinDr

UrSexyLatinDr Single and looking =o)~
    7+ Year Member

Hola

Bueno, Pues my name is Omar. I am a hispanic vato from Califoria, originally came from Mexio 6.5 years ago. My biggest dream has always to become a doctor and help all the people I cnn, but specially all the minorities that suffer from lack of medical care. I am a student a CSU Fresno, majoring in Business Admn. and Info systems and as a second major Psychology. I know it doesnt matter what your major is in terms of aplying to med school as long as you do great on them and on yur pre-req courses, but what do you guys think about my majors? good , bad? why? What else can I tell you about me? I work as an EMT, I volunteer for some organizatons and I started a foundation. Let's see, why CSU over UC? I chose CSU Fresno because its closer to home and I like more this atmosphere. Since I work to help my family, closer to home is better. I was accepted to UCLA, UCD, and UCB, but as I said, for the above circumstances I stayed here at Fresno State. Thats some info about me, oh, I am 21 years old andwill be applyingto med school next year. NO MCAT yet!

Omar :D

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MUN2005

MUN2005 Miner?
    7+ Year Member

You need to get the MCAT straightened away first. Do it as soon as possible, but leave enough time to study. Depending on what you score, you may or may not be able to apply next year. Good luck.

4. pwrpfgrl

pwrpfgrl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Welcome to SDN!!

:) :)

I think your majors are fine, as long as you do well in your classes and pre-med requirements. Study hard for the MCAT, get a good score, and no one will questions why a CS and not a UC. As long as you are truly committed to going into medicine, the adcoms will see your sincerity and you will get in somewhere. By the way, save up money so you can apply to MANY schools (stinks to be from CA sometimes).

Good Luck!! :) :)