1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

I am not going to do Gold Standard Verbal. Bad move?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by BNSN, May 25, 2008.

1. BNSN

2+ Year Member

I am taking the MCAT on July 18th. I am going to be done with content review (EK books, EK 1001 org, EK 1001 bio) by June 1st. From then till July 18th I plan to take as many FL practice exams as possible (I have access to about 40). However, I don't want to waste my time with low quality verbal. Most people say GS verbal is low quality.

Would everyone agree with this?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sirius08

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I know that other people have found the GS practice tests helpful, but I personally did not. After scoring about 5 points lower on GS tests than on any others (and thinking the questions were frustrating and poorly worded), I decided to not use the 10 GS practice tests that I paid for and instead stuck with AAMC and Kaplan study materials. I ended up being very satisfied with that decision... I think it's a matter of prioritizing the materials that you feel are the most conducive to your own learning.