I am on the admissions committee...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
scooter31 said:
Response to the OP query

oh ok, usually you hit reply to that post, then :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Psycho Doctor said:

Didnt realize thsis was such a highly structured thread that I would require this. The fact that I actually posted about the OP original post I figure was good enough. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Psycho Doctor said:

HI there. Just doing everything in duplucate, so as to maintain the rigorous standards of posting you have brought to this thread :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Psycho Doctor said:

Me again.

yea it says on his profile he went to cornell
i went to Cornell too, when did this happen?
what year of orgo, was it prof meinwald??

this kid was INTOXICATED and took an ORGO test and got a 96 at CORNELL?
that doesnt make any sense at all...

acidhouse303 said:
this kid was INTOXICATED and took an ORGO test and got a 96 at CORNELL?
that doesnt make any sense at all...

uh no it doesn't at all...

on what profile does it say he went to Cornell? and what semester was the cheating scandal?

acidhouse303 said:
yea it says on his profile he went to cornell
i went to Cornell too, when did this happen?
what year of orgo, was it prof meinwald??
idunno who the prof and which semester it was last yr (but chem 357/358 im assuming), but her TAs name was Jay, not that it helps or anything...(and I'm a girlie)

psycho you TOTALLY go to cornell!!! i KNEW it! hahaha

don't be shy about it :)

Quynh2007 said:
There was this huge cheating incident at my school last yr in orgo (that's why this yr it is very strict in grading) but there was this girl who found out the people who were doing very very well in the class, and found out which ones took the test at the same place as her. What she did was sign in, and then wait until the person she was targetting get up to hand in that person's test (usually with 80+ kids also going to hand in their papers too) and what this girl did was steal that target person's test, tore out the cover page and put her cover page on it and stapled it and turned it in as her own. Of course, the target person after the test was all handed back didn't get a test, but because they did so well, the TAs said not to worry, that if they had lost her test then they would average out the other test.

So, during the Final, this girl did the same thing to this guy. Apparently, she got a 100, but the Professor in the class called in this guy to be questioned for cheating. Because he had done so well on his other tests, he cheated and didn't do the final even if he did sign in so that they would have to average out his other tests and essentially get an A without having taken the final. So, the Prof. calls in this guy somehow, and he was intoxicated, and accused him of the above, and this guy kept saying no. so, he ended up taking another final exam while drunk, and got a 96. What happened was, they ended up comparing his handwriting with all the other tests that did really well, and lo and behold, the exact handwriting on this girl's test. They looked back, and they did find that they were missing one test every single time. Suffice it to say, this girl was kicked out at my institution...she got too greedy, because they always return prelims, but always keep finals...

What a dotard. She should have targeted another person. :laugh:

wendywellesley said:
psycho you TOTALLY go to cornell!!! i KNEW it! hahaha

don't be shy about it :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

because i know a few things about it?! wow! :scared: