I am on the EVMS waitlist. :) or :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredocter

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I just got put on the waitlist at EVMS but I was told that I am in the top 1/3 of the waitlist. Can anyone tell me if that is good? Is there a good chance I will get in off the waitlist? Also, do they take people off the waitlist between now and May or will I just have to wait till May 15th and after. Appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

People on here claim to have been taken off of the waitlist already... so I guess it's entirely possible! Are you going to go to the 2nd look weekend?

EVMS is one of those schools that accepts a large portion of their waitlistees. If you're in the top third then you definately have a good chance.

I'm not sure what their protocol is as far as when they accept off of the list.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
cammy1313 said:
EVMS is one of those schools that accepts a large portion of their waitlistees. If you're in the top third then you definately have a good chance.

I'm not sure what their protocol is as far as when they accept off of the list.

Good luck!
They start accepting off the waitlist after they finish interviewing, which will be at the end of this month. Then the waitlist generally moves quite well, especially once the award letters go out and many out-of-state applicants can't take the tuition (try MSU non-resident fees :scared: ).

While they say there isn't movement until later, I think there is a little movement, but close to negligible. I was taken from the top 1/3 to the top of the middle 1/3 :(

If anyone wants to dump their acceptance or position on the waitlist, please feel free to do so. I want to go to this school so much it hurts!

I withdrew from their waitlist about two weeks ago. Good luck. :thumbup:

EvoDevo said:
I withdrew from their waitlist about two weeks ago. Good luck. :thumbup:
Awesome!

Congrats on being accepted to UTSA, Texas has some outstanding medical schools. My brother did his post-grad training in Houston. First rate system. :thumbup:

i think it is :)

both of my student tour guides had come off it.

dopaminophile said:
People on here claim to have been taken off of the waitlist already... so I guess it's entirely possible! Are you going to go to the 2nd look weekend?

I haven't gotten anything in the mail about a 2nd look weekend yet. I just got the waitlist letter today so I am guessing the 2nd look packet will come later, probably next week.

Has anyone been accepted with a February interview or were these interviews to get on the wait list?

futuredocter said:
I haven't gotten anything in the mail about a 2nd look weekend yet. I just got the waitlist letter today so I am guessing the 2nd look packet will come later, probably next week.

according to the person i spoke to at the admissions office, invitations go out to all that were accepted, and to the peeps in the top of the top 1/3rd of the waitlist. if you do not get an invitation and u wish to attend, you may still do so. fill out this form:

http://sinapse.evms.edu/websites/md2008/events/preview.php