I am pissed at AACOMAS!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R

RAM#48

I received my applicant profile from AACOMAS today. I am in between the first and second years of an MHA at the UNC-CH school of public health. The grading system is H/P/L/F. In June AACOMAS told me over the phone that H=A and P=B. Fair enough. (Although AMCAS considers H=A and P=A-). Unfortunately AACOMAS considered all of last year's work pass/fail (with the strange exception of 3 unknown hours). AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

So now instead of a 3.56 in a rigorous master's program, I have a whole lot of pass/fail hours that don't help my undergrad gpa either.

Any suggestions?

i am going to call the bobos at AACOMAS tomorrow and see what they say and am thinking about mentioning it in a cover letter with secondaries.

Members don't see this ad.

They made an error on my AACOMAS application when I applied. Contact them and try to correct the situation. I did so and all was fine. Don't sweat it at least until you contact them.

Whoa whoa whoa, dude! Take a deeeeeep breath....

I know you're sweating it because some errors were made in your profile. BUT getting aggressive with the folks at AACOMAS won't help; they're human beings, too. Any anger towards them is bound to have a negative effect on your status with them.

I, too, had some errors on my forms, and got nervous. But a few (two or three) calls to them, as well as simply telling them that I was concerned and needed their help, went a long way to gaining their much-needed assistance. I haven't had any problems with the people there; hopefully you'll do as well.

In reply to my original post:

I did sound angry, and I was!

But I was very polite when I called them up.
Lo and behold, 2 things happenned-

they discovered that 3 hours were coded incorrectly.

Then they looked at a few things and decided to change 33 hours of graduate work from a 0.0 gpa (p/f) to 3.87 (H=A, P=A-).

By the way, I read in another thread that someone thinks that unless you do science graduate work then med schools don't really look at your new grades. I, for one, do not believe this. I know other programs can be just as challenging (or more) than bio/chem.