I am planning to get DAT achiever.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joonkimdds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard that it's possible to download DAT achiever, so does this mean it;s not a book like Kaplan Blue Book?

and if i download it, is it free? and where can i download it from?

Members don't see this ad.

tinman831 said:
www.3tquest.com It costs 49.99 and its software that you can download onto your computer. When people say that the tests on DAT Achiever are hard... they really mean it! :eek:

but also at the same time, I heard that what's on DAT achiever r most likely on DAT test, so that's why I want to buy it.
so i should use credit card and download it?
what if i reinstall my windows, does that mean i should pay 49.99 again?

Members don't see this ad :)
Once you download the program you will have to pay the fee and you will be emailed a code to activate your program.

The guy who made and operates the DATachiever emails you his phone # and email, he is very helpful with questions and tells you about your progress when you send him the results from your exams.

I am sure if your computer gives out, he will help you get the program working again.

I used that and Topscore and the Kaplan CD with the extra exam, and I have to say that sciences and PAT is much harder on the DATachiever. But it is great practice! I was getting 20-22 on Topscore and 17-19 on Topscore.

I recomend if you get any of these programs, take the exam and then SLOWLY go through it again and see how many answers you would change and ONLY THEN look at the correct answer. Also, write down concepts you miss and review them.

Good luck, if you have any more questions on the programs or how to study write me.

i dont know what was going on when i was working with DAT Achiever. I took the practice exams just prior to taking the real DAT and it was REALLY depressing. I was getting 19s and 20s on topscore and then all of a sudden, bam, 14s and 15s on DAT Achiever. What a way to finish off my studies and head into the real thing :p

tinman831 said:
i dont know what was going on when i was working with DAT Achiever. I took the practice exams just prior to taking the real DAT and it was REALLY depressing. I was getting 19s and 20s on topscore and then all of a sudden, bam, 14s and 15s on DAT Achiever. What a way to finish off my studies and head into the real thing :p

It will be interesting to see how you do on the real DAT. The scores you get on these different programs use an estimated scaled score and that can be adjusted internally within the program. To say DAT Achiever is hard just because you got a 14 or 15 may not mean much unless you actually missed that many questions. I found that topscore reflected the scaled score more accurately than datachiever. You have to compare the number you miss with the scaled score results rather than just the scaled score you receive from the testing program. In otherwords, the scaled score is adjustable. The best thing to do is to use the program to see where you are missing topics and then find out if those are fair topics to test.

If for example, you miss 10 questions on datachiever and those questions are not fair topics to test (you can see if they are covered in the scope from the ADA) then you are wasting your time and getting depressed over questions or studying details that are NOT tested.

Study the right topics from your college text books and do some sample tests. That's the best way. :thumbup:

I used DAT achiever too..i think it was awesome specially for PAT..it prepares you really good. Sciences hmm my scores were terrible but i got awesome scores on the DAT....I do feel that its odd and thats never the case but on my dat achiever test #2 i scored a 15 for TS!!!..my real was 20 !...but again i believe thats rarely the case..yah its hard but not to that extent lol... :laugh:

luckypeach said:
It will be interesting to see how you do on the real DAT. The scores you get on these different programs use an estimated scaled score and that can be adjusted internally within the program. To say DAT Achiever is hard just because you got a 14 or 15 may not mean much unless you actually missed that many questions. I found that topscore reflected the scaled score more accurately than datachiever. You have to compare the number you miss with the scaled score results rather than just the scaled score you receive from the testing program. In otherwords, the scaled score is adjustable. The best thing to do is to use the program to see where you are missing topics and then find out if those are fair topics to test.

If for example, you miss 10 questions on datachiever and those questions are not fair topics to test (you can see if they are covered in the scope from the ADA) then you are wasting your time and getting depressed over questions or studying details that are NOT tested.

Study the right topics from your college text books and do some sample tests. That's the best way. :thumbup:

Oh, I took the DAT yesterday and did pretty well overall. I think I was just tired the last few days before the DAT and didn't try very hard on the practice exams. :D