I am quitting SDN!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jon8ross

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
SDN is more productive than work. You should quit work and become a full-time SDNer.

Well folks, I have been hanging out here for a little while. First showed up during the summer while filling out apps. I became a certified junkie the day after the MCAT. thought I bombed the BS section and was hoping to find folks to commiserate with. So that's how I became hooked.

I check this **** all the time. Half the time I laugh at the anal premeds, half the time I laugh at myself. Once in a blue moon I actually find some useful information on here. (!!)

This forum has caused me a major productivity drop at work. It has instilled within me a paranoia that led to me annoying the **** out of my pre-med advisor. It has made me question what schools I'm applying to, how many, my ECs LORs MCATs GPA GRE ECKO ENYCE LIFE.

so I'm cutting it off. I'm going cold turkey. Coming clean. SDN makes animals out of men!!!!

cheers,
jon8ross

(p.s. i'll probably at least be back to check the responses to this thread hahaha)

I sense much fear in you, young Skywalker.

"You have much anger in you, Raphael son." - TMNT

I totally understand what the OP is saying. A lot of the people on here are crazy. The SDN population is a very inaccurate representation of the actual pre-med population. However, like the OP mentioned, there is some useful information occasionally on here and it's definitely more entertaining than constantly checking your e-mail or status pages.

Good luck quitting SDN my friend, you are a stronger man than me. :thumbup:

That's because he is reaping SDN for information, not to become part of some of the mindless chatter that takes place on here. ;)

hey buckeye, I was just reading some of your posts, and I noticed you did well on your MCAT. Next quarter is going to be my last quarter, so I was hoping you would be so kind enough to give me a course name (or two) that you know did you good by taking them before the MCAT. Biochem 511? Miro's? Can you think of something you're so glad you took before taking the MCAT?

That's because he is reaping SDN for information, not to become part of some of the mindless chatter that takes place on here. ;)
well I hope he's not reaping SDN! :)

I think SDN is a great place to find information about the MCAT, app process, experiences in med school, etc.
IMO, chances are pretty high that someone with only 6 posts and who joined in the last month has not truly explored SDN enough to say that there is hardly any useful information here.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey buckeye, I was just reading some of your posts, and I noticed you did well on your MCAT. Next quarter is going to be my last quarter, so I was hoping you would be so kind enough to give me a course name (or two) that you know did you good by taking them before the MCAT. Biochem 511? Miro's? Can you think of something you're so glad you took before taking the MCAT?

Phospho,

All of the courses a biology major has to take are pretty good prep classes. I took all of them before the MCAT (except biochem 511). However, I would say you get the most unique help from the physiology courses (311 and 312) because this is material you have never been exposed to before in any other class and it is definitely on the MCAT (unless you have taken them already).

Good luck

If SDN wasn't around, what else would I do at work???

P.S. Duckwizard I love your avatar, I want to marry Anderson Cooper

You will not be missed.

I wonder if this person expected people to ask them not to go? Why does it take a post to let people know you are going to leave, especially with six posts.

what's this "missing" business?
I think he's trying to make a point, not crying for attention.

double post, my mistake.

Well folks, I have been hanging out here for a little while. First showed up during the summer while filling out apps. I became a certified junkie the day after the MCAT. thought I bombed the BS section and was hoping to find folks to commiserate with. So that's how I became hooked.

I check this **** all the time. Half the time I laugh at the anal premeds, half the time I laugh at myself. Once in a blue moon I actually find some useful information on here. (!!)

This forum has caused me a major productivity drop at work. It has instilled within me a paranoia that led to me annoying the **** out of my pre-med advisor. It has made me question what schools I'm applying to, how many, my ECs LORs MCATs GPA GRE ECKO ENYCE LIFE.

so I'm cutting it off. I'm going cold turkey. Coming clean. SDN makes animals out of men!!!!

cheers,
jon8ross

(p.s. i'll probably at least be back to check the responses to this thread hahaha)

You've had 6 posts!

Let me guess, you didn't inhale ala Clinton.

You never had a warm turkey to go cold turkey to.
-Dr. P.

cheers,
jon8ross

well, see you tomorrow! :thumbup:

i quit myspace shortly after high school. but there is always SDN and facebook.:p

not to mention....contact with real people....

nevertheless, SDN can be a source of very usefull information, more so than my pre med advisor.

he's a metrosexual, not gay. but he's also a Vanderbilt so :thumbdown:

He's also a Yale and a good dang writer. I recommend his book. He's just too devoted to his reporter career, not gay.

Haha, I think we're proving the OP's point b/c doing mindless chats. Goodnight! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I've actually learned too much stuff from this website, when I had an appointment with my pre-med advisor, I actually advised him...

I keep trying to quit... Its not much fun anymore since starting med school, and I don't have the time to waste anyway.... but it doesn't matter. I keep coming back....

I keep trying to quit... Its not much fun anymore since starting med school, and I don't have the time to waste anyway.... but it doesn't matter. I keep coming back....
I've quit multiple times (like when eating lunch, showering, leaving my apartment), but thank goodness I don't have that many more posts than 6, so it hasn't developed into a problem yet. I'm definitely not addicted.

cheers,
jon8ross

Ohhh Nooooooo!!!!! Please dont leave:( !!!!<<<<<<<were you expecting something like this when you thought of this thread OP?

P.S:Even though you "dont come on SDN" anymore i know your gonna see this

Phospho,

All of the courses a biology major has to take are pretty good prep classes. I took all of them before the MCAT (except biochem 511). However, I would say you get the most unique help from the physiology courses (311 and 312) because this is material you have never been exposed to before in any other class and it is definitely on the MCAT (unless you have taken them already).

Good luck

Hey,
I found Animal Physiology (EEOB 410) to be really useful. It goes over the kidneys/lungs in depth. Counter current exchange always confused me. I took it with Cindy Bronson. Decent Prof.

well, see you tomorrow! :thumbup:

Thats what my friends say when I say its my last day drinking.

Very discouraging... very true. lol.

But SDN seriously cuts into my time/schedule. Like right now i have to go donate blood but instead i sit here doing nothing but read sdn.

jon8ross

"so I'm cutting it off. I'm going cold turkey. Coming clean. SDN makes animals out of men!!!!"

Whe are all annimals!!! Some of us are snakes, others lions but uuuuuu u are a PIGGGGGGGG!!!!

Does anybody else remember Anderson Cooper when he was on Channel 1 - you know, the "TV" station you got to watch in Jr High or High School and it reported on the day's news from a student friendly perspective? Or am I the only one?

cheers,
jon8ross

6 posts.... i had 500 in august alone... you have no idea what an SDN junkie is sir

yes if you are a buckeye-biochem 511 is very helpful for the mcats so is physiology 311 &312 if you haven't taken them and genetics 500 is handy-take a prep course

Does anybody else remember Anderson Cooper when he was on Channel 1 - you know, the "TV" station you got to watch in Jr High or High School and it reported on the day's news from a student friendly perspective? Or am I the only one?

Yup.. Lisa Ling was on that show also.