I am seeking for PharmD in my career life - Roseman Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justintran6789

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear friends,

I have been an engineer in industry for couple years. And I finally knew that engineering is not my thing. Now I am ready to go back to school and study for Pharmacy Degree. I ordered Kaplan textbook and other materials to prepare for PCAT. I will take the test in January 2014. Also I will apply for Roseman College of Pharmacy in Utah.

My questions:
1. are there any other students current apply for Roseman College of Pharmacy? How do you think about their program?

2. Past couple days, I was doing some researches in Google about job market for Pharmacy Degree. It was scary that so many people said Pharmacy job is getting saturated, and decreasing. But until I got to this forum, I feel better.
So, Can someone tell me how actual a career in pharmacy will be like in next couple years?

I will apply for 2014 program, and expect to graduate in 2017. I appreciate everyone comments and advices. Thank you a lot for your time and concern.

Justin

Members don't see this ad.

"Can someone tell me how actual a career in pharmacy will be like in next couple years?"

Is there anyone who's been to the future yet?!;)

Dear friends,

I have been an engineer in industry for couple years. And I finally knew that engineering is not my thing. Now I am ready to go back to school and study for Pharmacy Degree. I ordered Kaplan textbook and other materials to prepare for PCAT. I will take the test in January 2014. Also I will apply for Roseman College of Pharmacy in Utah.

My questions:
1. are there any other students current apply for Roseman College of Pharmacy? How do you think about their program?

2. Past couple days, I was doing some researches in Google about job market for Pharmacy Degree. It was scary that so many people said Pharmacy job is getting saturated, and decreasing. But until I got to this forum, I feel better.
So, Can someone tell me how actual a career in pharmacy will be like in next couple years?

I will apply for 2014 program, and expect to graduate in 2017. I appreciate everyone comments and advices. Thank you a lot for your time and concern.

Justin
Right now its Jan 2013, you plan on taking the pre-reqs that will be in the PCAT, study for the PCAT, get your application material ready, and apply for pharmacy school(s) in less than a year from now? :lame:

Also, have you researched the schools that offer a 3 year accelerated program and their admission requirements? Thats good that you have had a change of heart and decided to go after something new but I think you need to do some more research, ask questions, shadow a pharmacist maybe, and get more familiar with the PharmD programs before continuing.

Dear friends,

My questions:

Justin
How did SDN make you feel better about the pharmacy job market? A lot of people on here are complaining as well. It is true that pharmacy is horrible right now. It's not that there isn't a demand for pharmacists, there is... sort of. What I mean is that it's pharmacy is saturated because there are so many pharmacy schools and these schools are pumping out graduates more than there are job availability. Do more research on this forum. Even I'm scared about the job market and I just got into pharm school.