I am so excited, my first interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alex05

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As you can tell, I am very excited about my first interview. It's at georgetown. Just found out today.

Members don't see this ad.

i'll jump in this club...i got my first interview today too...got the email from pritzker first thing when i got into work...definitely a great way to start the morning :D

Congrats guys!!! It's so exciting -- interview invitations seem to be picking up!

Members don't see this ad :)
jbrice1639 said:
i'll jump in this club...i got my first interview today too...got the email from pritzker first thing when i got into work...definitely a great way to start the morning :D
Dude....I am going to cry. When were you complete at pritzker? I have been complete for about 2.5 weeks now and nothing from them. I am seriously starting to think I have either been rejected or put on hold.

IgweEmeka said:
Dude....I am going to cry. When were you complete at pritzker? I have been complete for about 2.5 weeks now and nothing from them. I am seriously starting to think I have either been rejected or put on hold.

Ah, still writing the secondary.....
congrats on the invite. Maybe I'll get one eventually.....

IgweEmeka said:
Dont sweat it, i've been complete for a long time now and haven't heard a single word.

IgweEmeka said:

since 8/18, so about a month. 2.5 weeks isn't that long...i'm sure you're fine.

IgweEmeka said:
Dude....I am going to cry.

welcome to the club. (crying, not interview)

Alex05 said:
As you can tell, I am very excited about my first interview. It's at georgetown. Just found out today.

jbrice1639 said:
i'll jump in this club...i got my first interview today too...got the email from pritzker first thing when i got into work...definitely a great way to start the morning.

Congrats to you both. :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
QofQuimica said:
DarkSide, you better tell the non-trads about yours, or I'm gonna bust!

With that MCAT and GPA I doubt there was any luck involved?

Stop getting our hopes up :mad:

Sundarban1 said:

Not quite sure what your damage is, but even with the numbers on your side, it's still a crapshoot. So wishing people luck is never, IMHO, out of order.

Sundarban1 said:

Don't be such a spoilsport. :thumbdown: She worked hard for that MCAT and GPA, she's a great applicant who deserves every interview she gets, and she has every reason to be excited about it.

QofQuimica said:
Don't be such a spoilsport. :thumbdown: She worked hard for that MCAT and GPA, she's a great applicant who deserves every interview she gets, and she has every reason to be excited about it.

i'm pretty sure that was the point about that comment anyway - don't be surprised about someone's interview if they are so deserved. i think you made it seem the applicant was applying with some sort of disadvantage, that's all (then the "disappointment" for everyone else at seeing well above average stats). no harm done. congrats, however, are in order either way, as the process is inded a "crapshoot."

besides, some of us worked hard for our "low" 30 scores too.

SpeedRacer said:
i'm pretty sure that was the point about that comment anyway - don't be surprised about someone's interview if they are so deserved. i think you made it seem the applicant was applying with some sort of disadvantage, that's all (then the "disappointment" for everyone else at seeing well above average stats). no harm done. congrats, however, are in order either way, as the process is inded a "crapshoot."

besides, some of us worked hard for our "low" 30 scores too.

No one said that you didn't work hard. And who said that I was surprised? I didn't realize that an interview has to be "surprising" in order for it to be exciting. :rolleyes: The OP said s/he was EXCITED about getting an interview, not surprised. Anyway, when you, and all the rest of you who still don't have an interview, get your first one, if you want to post it here and I see it (or heck, you can just PM me), then I will be happy to publically congratulate you as well. Ok? In the meantime, if you can't be happy for someone else's achievement, can you at least refrain from minimizing it and making it out to be no big deal?

QofQuimica said:
No one said that you didn't work hard. And who said that I was surprised? I didn't realize that an interview has to be "surprising" in order for it to be exciting. :rolleyes: The OP said s/he was EXCITED about getting an interview, not surprised. Anyway, when you, and all the rest of you who still don't have an interview, get your first one, if you want to post it here and I see it (or heck, you can just PM me), then I will be happy to publically congratulate you as well. Ok? In the meantime, if you can't be happy for someone else's achievement, can you at least refrain from minimizing it and making it out to be no big deal?

woah woah....can't be happy for someone else's achivement? i was talking about you, not the other posters.

i think you misunderstood me, i wasn't talking about the original poster or darkside, i was referring to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by QofQuimica

Sundarban1 said:

Stop getting our hopes up

and just explaining why sundarban responded the way he/she did. i was talking about you, not darkside. and yes, when i finally get an interview, i am going to be posting all over the place.

moving on...CONGRATS darkside (and OP) and good luck :luck: my previous post wasn't talking about you guys!

SpeedRacer said:
woah woah....can't be happy for someone else's achivement? i was talking about you, not the other posters.

i think you misunderstood me, i wasn't talking about the original poster or darkside, i was referring to this:

Quote:

and just explaining why sundarban responded the way he/she did. i was talking about you, not darkside. and yes, when i finally get an interview, i am going to be posting all over the place.

moving on...CONGRATS darkside (and OP) and good luck :luck: my previous post wasn't talking about you guys!

Ok, I just read the the whole thread, and am trying to figure out what you are saying about Q??????? What do you mean you are talking about Q??? What does Sun's post have to do with her???

Good luck, Alex!

good luck and congrats, alex!

i have my first interview (hawaii) tomorrow, ack!

and i received my first "mainland" interview today from keck, woot woot!

SpeedRacer said:

Quote:

I definitely don't understand you, and I understand you even less after reading your explanation than I did before. :smuggrin: I wasn't even talking to any of you guys. :laugh: My post wasn't meant to express my surprise about TheDarkSide getting an interview, nor was it directed toward anyone here besides TheDarkSide. We have our own Application Update thread in the Non-Trad forum for the older students to post their secondaries and interviews. I wanted TheDarkSide to post her interview in that thread so that she would get to be the first one to tell the non-trad applicants about it. I'm not at all surprised that she got the interview, but she was excited, and I was excited for her and wanted her to let our other friends know. That's all. How on earth that got translated into false hope for some of you people is beyond my comprehension. :confused:

Anyway, no hard feelings on my side, and when you do get your first interview, I'll be the first to congratulate you, too. :luck: