Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

I am sooooo furious w/ AAMC

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mystique, Nov 5, 2001.

1. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Ok, so normally I'm quite a patient person; I give things plenty of time, but now my patience has worn thin!!! Today I called AAMC about an additional score request which I sent in about 3 1/2 weeks ago. Every friggin' time I call, the person at 202-828-0690 tells me to call back w/in a few days. So, today I lost my cool. How the heck am I supposed to get into school if freakin' AAMC/MCAT hasn't sent my scores to the non-AMCAS schools????? Grrrrrrrrr....hear my roar!!! She tells me "call back next Monday and if it hasn't been processed yet we'll see what's holding it up." Excuse moi??? During our entire 10 minute conversation, she sympathesized with me and was like "I can't believe it still hasn't been processed; that's strange...". So, why couldn't she have taken things into her own hands today???????? Would it have been such a great sacrifice on her part!!?? I am soooo furious I am just writing to take up space! I know I'm probably overreacting, but still.... :rolleyes:

I really need to take my frustration out on something; I think I'm going to go and run.

I already feel much better....

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jedi In Training

Jedi In Training Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

You are not the only one. I think we should take legal action against the [email protected]^ds for screwing us all over. Since we are 35,000 strong (according to <a href="http://www.aamc.org/newsroom/pressrel/011102.htm)" target="_blank">http://www.aamc.org/newsroom/pressrel/011102.htm)</a> , it could be a class-action suit. Anyone have legal know how about this?

4. twesting2173

twesting2173 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I AM SO IN......i swear i learned about this crap in a business law class i took: ITS CALLED A MONOPOLY! i dont see how they get away with it. i'm honeslty going to contact an attorney--just to at least see what my options are. Aren't they in breach of contract?

AHHHHHH! i'm so sad :( i'm so mad :mad:

5. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

That number (35,000) is for last year. Let's hope it's MUCH lower this year!!!

6. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Well, thanks for reviving this thread that brings back unpleasant memories. I don't know where my mind was that day!

My ASR still hasn't been processed; it's still in some pile! If I get the guts, I think I'm going to go by their office this week when I'm in D.C. I'm going to give them a piece of my mind...

:D