I am tired of....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

4ksibe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am tired of pipetting...
I wish I was a postbacc at a University where premeds would do my pipetting. lol but then again I dont know if I would trust a premed who just wants to check a box on their amcas application with my experiment...

Members don't see this ad.

Tell them if they pipette well then you'll put them on the paper, just don't tell them it's in the awknowledgement section :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I am tired of pipetting...
I wish I was a postbacc at a University where premeds would do my pipetting. lol but then again I dont know if I would trust a premed who just wants to check a box on their amcas application with my experiment...

I used to be the same way. Didn't really trust my assistants and figured if they contaminated something they'd be too scared to speak up.

Now I have 3 relatively inexperienced kids help me and my life is soo much easier.

I highly recommend hiring some volunteers that are desperate for the experience and just train them the best you can. You'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner!

:)

I used to be the same way. Didn't really trust my assistants and figured if they contaminated something they'd be too scared to speak up.

Now I have 3 relatively inexperienced kids help me and my life is soo much easier.

I highly recommend hiring some volunteers that are desperate for the experience and just train them the best you can. You'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner!

:)

:laugh::laugh::laugh: really? help you do what?
Im at NIH so i dont think I can do that plus its not in my power to hire anyone and we only get students around the summer for 3 months so training them is really not beneficial to me.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: really? help you do what?
Im at NIH so i dont think I can do that plus its not in my power to hire anyone and we only get students around the summer for 3 months so training them is really not beneficial to me.

I've basically given them the lab tech duties (and things I'd rather not do:smuggrin:) . I manage the lab so I'm given free rein. Tee hee.

If you feel comfortable with training people and are given the authority to do so I would try it. I've been lucky this round and found some super mature kids.

More time to get on SDN at work!

And I'm tired of doing microscope work. It's boring, tedious, and after 2 years, it's giving me tendonitis in my right elbow. Dammit, C. elegans, why do you require so much dexterity to manipulate? I want to use my left hand!!!

And I'm tired of doing microscope work. It's boring, tedious, and after 2 years, it's giving me tendonitis in my right elbow. Dammit, C. elegans, why do you require so much dexterity to manipulate? I want to use my left hand!!!
Totally understand!!!! Every now and then I have to make slides for the scope and I spend four hours in the dark cold microscope room and I just wanna shoot myself!!!

Totally understand!!!! Every now and then I have to make slides for the scope and I spend four hours in the dark cold microscope room and I just wanna shoot myself!!!

This puts me to sleep every time. It's 4pm and my day starts at 8am, so I often struggle to repress that urge to nap in the scope room when I'm supposed to be processing images I just took from work I did earlier that afternoon. I don't think radiology would be for me...