I am totally lost. I feel too old to fix things,its over. I hope I can get some advice.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mike1234594

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Medical school will be a miserable experience for you if getting subpar scores have such a dramatic impact on your life. It seems like you base every poor life decision to a subpar score and instead of being able to curb your behavior, it seems like you allow your own test scores to contextualize who you are as a person. Even when you describe yourself as a loser, you are using external factors e.g. your premed associates, your successful friends, or your age.

In addition, I suggest that you see a therapist or talk to a close friend about your problem seeing as you posted this issue back in May 2015. This indicates to me that your problem is either so serious that you need to seek help or you are trolling. Either way both are symptomatic that you need to address some deeper problem within you that goes beyond the menial criteria you have come to define as success.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Medical school will be a miserable experience for you if getting subpar scores have such a dramatic impact on your life. It seems like you base every poor life decision to a subpar score and instead of being able to curb your behavior, it seems like you allow your own test scores to contextualize who you are as a person. Even when you describe yourself as a loser, you are using external factors e.g. your premed associates, your successful friends, or your age.

In addition, I suggest that you see a therapist or talk to a close friend about your problem seeing as you posted this issue back in May 2015. This indicates to me that your problem is either so serious that you need to seek help or you are trolling. Either way both are symptomatic that you need to address some deeper problem within you that goes beyond the material criteria you have come to define as success.
Thank you for your insight.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your insight. I am absolutely not trolling. I respect what you said and I think you right. The thing is that I have never failed in my life. I have always been on top of everything and when I felt that my goal isn't happening anytime soon, I started looking for alternatives such as drinking, partying and getting myself into a relationship to escape my sad reality. I know I sound like a psycho right now but this is really what's going on in my head. I talked to my close friends about my issue but at the same time I wanted to get the insight of people on this forum who can think outside the box as I think I am locked in one right now.
And yet you've had an entire year to address the issue and are ultimately wasting a Friday night asking an anonymous forum board to address a deeply personal problem. I will reiterate my previous advice which is to seek a therapist who will establish a viable structure for you to gradually deal with your ****ty coping mechanisms so you start actually resolving the issue instead of wasting time cross posting on SDN for more virtual advice that will just result in you coming back in 2017 with 1 more year of age and more stated regret about how worthless you are as a human being. Your problem isn't with classes. The glaring problem here is that you need help as a person and a human being. If you don't address the root of the problem, then you will always have these malicious coping mechanisms which will hurt you even more in medical school than they do right now.

Reactions: 1 users
And yet you've had an entire year to address the issue and are ultimately wasting a Friday night asking an anonymous forum board to address a deeply personal problem. I will reiterate my previous advice which is to seek a therapist who will establish a viable structure for you to gradually deal with your ****ty coping mechanisms so you start actually resolving the issue instead of wasting time cross posting on SDN for more virtual advice that will just result in you coming back in 2017 with 1 more year of age and more stated regret about how worthless you are as a human being.
Thank you for the input Sardinia, I'll take it into consideration.

Thank you for the input Sardinia, I'll take it into consideration.
Honestly, log off SDN. Come up with 2 things right now that you regret not doing to this point. And start working on those 2 things. If you don't have at least 2 things that you can think of that you can start with getting your life in the right track then you need to see a career advisor or pre-med counselor. These 2 things should require tangible work that you should submit by this Monday such as a resume or possibly an application. If you have trouble completing either task within 48 hours then you should see a therapist.

Phrases like "... if I have any chance to jump back..." are cheap if it involves you just bumming your Friday night off as "booze-night."

Honestly, log off SDN. Come up with 2 things right now that you regret not doing to this point. And start working on those 2 things. If you don't have at least 2 things that you can think of that you can start with getting your life in the right track then you need to see a career advisor or pre-med counselor. These 2 things should require tangible work that you should submit by this Monday such as a resume or possibly an application. If you have trouble completing either task within 48 hours then you should see a therapist.

Phrases like "... if I have any chance to jump back..." are cheap if it involves you just bumming your Friday night off as "booze-night."
The only thi

Last edited:
@mike1234594 Your logic isn't cogent and indicates to me that if you are being remotely serious, you are dissatisfied with your life to the point that you can juxtapose an explanation that your life is normal within the same paragraph that you feel like concluding to me that you feel like you're a loser. In which case, you need personal help from a professional in order to sort out your life as soon as possible. As with all matters of professional counsel, I suggest asking your parents and people close to you if they know of a relative who is a professional therapist and having a serious conversation with them. If not, then asking if they are aware of anyone who has seen a therapist and asking for referrals from there. I'm logging off and getting my pain in the ass weekend agenda together because I have no life this coming week.

Reactions: 1 users
Really? Really? Who are you? You got depressed, and broke up with your girl friend because you failed the MCAT. You are still a baby. Your story is among several reasons why med school will prefer older and mature applicants at any time. And here you are saying you're too young when there are people starting med school at age 40. Please log off this forum, never to come back here until you are mature. Goodluck!

Reactions: 1 user