I applied late... What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MizzJas

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My optomcas application was verified a week ago and most of the schools emailed me a couple days ago telling they just received my application. NECO just invited me for an interview which I will be going to in March. I'm just nervous because it's the only interview I've received so far out of 6 and I kind of want to have a backup if I'm wait listed by NECO (by the way what are your chances of getting in if you get an interview?). Therefore based on my stats what do you think my chances are in getting in after the interview with NECO and chances of getting other interviews any time soon?

Overall GPA: 3.18
OAT AA and science: 330
Experiences: only really got 40 some hours of job shadowing.

As you can see my stats aren't that amazing so I really worried about getting in especially applying so late. Also if any of you have advice for my interview at NECO, thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Getting an interview is good sign. If you interview well, you should be able to get in. The only concern I would have is the amount of seats left at the schools you are applying to. You will be competing for fewer seats so you might end up on a wait list.
As far as your interview, there are a lot of tips on here as well as on optometrystudents.com. Good luck!

Getting an interview is good sign. If you interview well, you should be able to get in. The only concern I would have is the amount of seats left at the schools you are applying to. You will be competing for fewer seats so you might end up on a wait list.
As far as your interview, there are a lot of tips on here as well as on optometrystudents.com. Good luck!

Thanks!