I can finally smile!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
W

Warren P. Cheswick

After a horrible month and a half having to deal with many personal, family, and other events (AMCAS) in my short life, I can finally smile.

I HAVE MY FIRST INTERVIEW!!!

This may not sound shocking to you, but to me this was a complete surprise. The University of Texas-Houston is where I'm headed Oct. 17th. Why am I surprised...look at my stats, they are less than steller. Plus I took the MCAT in August, I wasn't expecting any word from any school until early November. But, I HAVE AN INTERVIEW.

My Stats:
Student, Texas A&M-College Station
Overall 3.49
Science 3.04
7 BS, 8 PS, 9VR, P WS

So for all of you who post on this board and don't have 4.0s and 43+s there is hope.

Members don't see this ad.

You got your august MCATs back already? --Trek

CONGRATULATIONS! Don't forget to check out www.interviewfeedback.com for more info to prepare yourself (even though this is usually a pretty relaxed interview.) The interview was relatively laid back and the people there are absolutely wonderful and extremely helpful.

You might want to go ahead of time to check out where you have to be because the floods in Houston have made the med center a bit of a maze. If it weren't for a very kind friend of mine who guided me through the day, I would've probably missed some very important things! The rooms of your interviewers can be a little difficult to find, so definitely ask anyone in the halls and they will take time out to help you.

Also, the med students are genuinely interested in giving you the "lowdown" on the school, so ASK!

Don't forget:
- umbrella (just in case-- it rained the entire day of my interview)
- $$ for parking (pay BEFORE you get to you car or the gate!!)

Good luck! If you have any questions send me a private message.

Members don't see this ad :)
Praying-

I'll probably be sending you a message when I'm off cloud nine right and think of all the quesitons I have to ask.

Trek-

No I haven't received my August MCAT scores back yet. That's why I'm extremely shocked to have an interview right now. I wasn't expecting any information sent to me about rejections or interviews until November.

NebraskaAggieDoc2Be
Congrats! How did Houston contact you (email, phone)? :) Thanks.

Congrats NeAggie! Doesn't it feel DAMN good to get that first interview? I'm up there on cloud nine with you.. actually, I'm probably going to drift back down to cloud 5 or 6 and leave some room for you ;)

Congratulations, NebraskaAggiedoc2b!!!
That is awesome!! Doesn't it feel great to exercise those muscles around your mouth??!!

;)

Good luck!

Great job!
Considering all the amcas troubles, you've really accomplished something. Best of luck!