I can only apply to 5 schools - please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njohns24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, almost all the schools in the south only accept students from their own state.

If you want to stay regional, you may consider five from this list.... all are out of state friendly. However, most are private or you will pay out of state tuition, so they are pretty spendy.

Louisville, Creighton, Marquette, VCU, Midwestern-IL, Case Western, Detroit Mercy, or Michigan.

For what it's worth, i think you got a great shot at Tennessee, good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thought I would bump now that things have died down a bit. Thanks everyone!
I hope you are aware of the following.
UTHSC College of Dentistry said:
Scores that are generally competitive are an Academic Average of 19 (or better) and no scores of 17 or below

Apply to Tennessee. If you don't get in, retake the DAT. I got an email saying "no score of 17 or lower on any section," but your AA is pretty good. In my interview at Tennessee, they specifically said reading comp was really important. As they said during my interview (in reference to reading comp on the DAT), "if you can read, we can teach you." Not sure how TN out of state works, but I'm from Arkansas and they take a few at LSU and Louisville. There is also LECOM in Florida, but its new and probably a more expensive school.