I cannot reschedule my test!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thzone1986

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, has anyone else had this problem?? :

I tried rescheduling my MCAT, but the page seems stuck on "processing your request, please wait 5 mins." It's been like that for a day now! I'm worried I'm losing my spot.

Members don't see this ad.

I noticed that it was working Sunday (when I changed my date), but wasn't working (I got the same error message) all yesterday (Monday). Not sure about earlier, but it's working now (Tuesday afternoon).

If you haven't already paid for the fee to reschedule ($50), then I wouldn't worry about losing your seat. Stuff does happen, but the site states that your current seat will not be released until you've paid the fee to change it. And they ask for your information for payment on the last screen. So, if it didn't give you the error message after you clicked the payment button, you probably have nothing to fear. Also, I recommend logging out and logging back in. It lists your registration on the first page after logging in. See what that says. Good luck!

Well I called in, and apparently they've been having problems with people rescheduling. Hope mine goes through, it's still stuck on the old date with the "processing your request" message.

Nobody else in the same boat?

Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon (although they don't inspire much confidence when it comes to running their web site smoothly). But you should consider yourself lucky that you could find a seat to reschedule to at all. All seats within 100 miles of Chicago are full for ALL the dates in May! I had to reschedule a two hour drive away (and that's with no traffic). I plan to check frequently for seats that might open - probably a month before the test date cause I figure people will feel unprepared and put it off a month or two (like I did). Good luck!