1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

I cant be alone.....

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by scotties123, Apr 30, 2007.

1. scotties123

scotties123 GrandMacDaddy
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I know im not the only one that hates physics. and worst off, i have 3 books to possibly study out of. kaplan, tpr, and ek. im not usin kaplan just from wat i hear about it. tpr has an insane amount of info. ek seems way too brief. i have no idea what to go by.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sehnsucht

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i use tpk and i like it. for EK, i particularly enjoy the section on optics because the schematic for mirrors and lenses is easy to remember.

4. SpartanBlueJay2

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Not to add another book to your collection, but Nova Physics is excellent. I'm routinely scoring 13s on PS (started out around 9-10), so it's definitely working out for me :) .

5. badasshairday

badasshairday Vascular and Interventional Radiology
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I kind of liked the Kaplan PS review book. :cool:

6. Swiperfox

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    EK is all you need. The physics I thought was particularly good as it focused more on general relationships than details, which by the looks of the aamc practice tests is what you should be used to dealing with.

7. J ROD

J ROD Watch my TAN walk!!
    Rocket Scientist Physician Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you need a review, go with EK.

I needed more work there so I am using NOVA with some selected TPR.

I will be in it thick after finals so I have no practice tests to speak of but I think I definitely understand the concepts better so far. My college Phy I & II professors did not stress the concepts and focused on math. So, I am weak in the concepts but I am getting stronger.

Just like bodybuilding. You have to workout to get stronger. So study and study some more. And be sure to learn how to take the test!!

8. GoJoeyMojo

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm loving EK for Physics. I divide my time between EK Physics, EK 1001 Questions in Physics, and the Princeton book. Everybody's different though; both of my study partners prefer Nova.

9. sehnsucht

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    indeed. nova is great. i am doing very well on my practice tests because of the NOVA approach to physics.

10. apricotattack

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    i have nothing constructive to say, but i wanted to add that i TOTALLY hate physics also. that is all.