I can't believe he/she got rejected...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Looks like it.

How on earth did someone with a sub-20 MCAT and sub-2.6 GPA get into edit:medschool? :confused:

I'd guess the person is massively non-trad.

Someone posted this same chart last year and I compared it to the one from my school, and in all honesty the numbers look pretty much the same...just with a much smaller n value for mine.

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like it.

How on earth did someone with a sub-20 MCAT and sub-2.6 GPA get into edit:medschool? :confused:

Maybe it was an allopathic school in the carribean??.....I've seen far worse than that get in over there

However, it's much more expected that a person who gets above a 35 and has higher than a 3.9 GPA think it's their god-given right to go to any med school they choose just because of their stats. So they need to "burn" a cycle to learn the humbleness of this process. :p

I only said it in keeping with the title of the thread...I can easily believe someone with a 3.4 got rejected, that was my point, which in now way is meant to discount the fact that plenty of people with that low a GPA get accepted...

Anybody with a 3.7+ AND say a 32+ who doesn't get in, ASSUMING they applied broadly and early - now that gets my attention on a thread like this...

Point taken! :)

I think in Bwells46's case, he should have applied to an SMP type of program. I think it would have helped increase his credentials dramatically.