I Can't Believe This Crap

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zenman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just heard on CNN where a doctor misdiagnosed a pregnant lady who was puking her guts out so much that she underwent an abortion to cure the problem. Didn't this quack know how to spell "Hyperemesis gravidum?" Crap, an LPN thinking about NP school should have been handling this case. You buy these guys books, send them to school for half their life and they still screw up.

Oh, well...that's life.:(

Members don't see this ad.

Moving to Topics in Healthcare.

It's spelled "hyperemesis gravidarum," by the way. ;)

Just heard on CNN where a doctor misdiagnosed a pregnant lady who was puking her guts out so much that she underwent an abortion to cure the problem. Didn't this quack know how to spell "Hyperemesis gravidum?" Crap, an LPN thinking about NP school should have been handling this case. You buy these guys books, send them to school for half their life and they still screw up.

Oh, well...that's life.:(
Are you indicting the whole medical profession based on this one vague incident? Can you link the CNN story so we can read it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Moving to Topics in Healthcare.

It's spelled "hyperemesis gravidarum," by the way. ;)

Sorry did I spell "Corona(s)" correctly?;)

It was on a CNN broadcast.

But you can delete this post if you want as it was just a successful attempt at shapeshifting into lawquil and serves no useful purpose other than that. Damn, that was scary, lol.:eek:

I'm sure you would have shaken your rattles and burned some incense for a true diagnosis.

People make mistakes and you didn't even post an article. I know it sounds weird, but some doctors, despite training, never become perfect.

I know it sounds weird, but some doctors, despite training, never become perfect.

Unlike NPs, of course, who offer the best medical advice from their majestic cubicles at the local CVS store. :laugh:

NPs are perhaps the sorriest excuse for medical practioners you can imagine. I have never met one who could tell their ass from a hole in the ground although I'm sure they're good at doing sports physicals and filling out work excuses.

And they have the biggest attitude. Their egos would be ridicuous on an attending Surgeon. I love to see them strutting around in their white coats pretending to be doctors, trying to impress the medical students.

Zenman, please don't try to incite yet another flame war. Please...

Zenman, please don't try to incite yet another flame war. Please...

Ok.....

And for those who keep asking me to post the article, go back where I said I 'heard it on CNN..." Jesus, almighty!

Well, if you go to CNN.com you can find transcripts for all the shows they broadcast (by date and by show), so you should be able to back up your claim.

Waste of time on my part (as is posting here, lol). Anyone interested can find it if they wish.

Can't open it here at work, but my basic point is why do we keeping flaming each other? PandaBear says that NPs are a sorry lot, yet the most highly educated mess up. We're all humans. So, what can we argue about?

Can't open it here at work, but my basic point is why do we keeping flaming each other? PandaBear says that NPs are a sorry lot, yet the most highly educated mess up. We're all humans. So, what can we argue about?

I'm sure you could show errors committed by both 1st graders and nuclear physicists, but that doesn't make 6 years olds scientists.

Communist News Network.

You can't count spelling errors while under the influence of ice cold Coronas, dude. :)

You can't count spelling errors while under the influence of ice cold Coronas, dude. :)
Way to go Miami_Med. Zenman obviously is trying to talk his way out of his faux pas, that the more educated are the biggest f---ups. Keep drinking your Coronas Zenman because that's all your ever going to be able to handle in this world!!

Kent W was the only one that got it;)