I can't send a letter of recommendation request for some reason

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zedrexvsyrex

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm on the AADSAS website with my application, everything is fine, I have 2 of my 3 LORs, and I got the OK from my last prof to write me a LOR. So I'm in the application itself, and it just won't let me send it. It says that the due date is invalid (regardless of whatever date I put in). When I click on the little calendar icon itself for some reason though, the little pop-up calendar doesn't show any dates. It's just blank.

Soooo....what is going on??? Am I just being an idiot and am missing/forgetting about something or...?

LOR 1.png

LOR 2.png

LOR 3.png

Members don't see this ad.

I should note that I was originally going to apply for this past cycle, and that when I started this application, I put my intended year of dental school enrollment at Fall 2020. But I ended up deciding to give myself a gap year so I just blew off the 'deadline' that I had originally put down when I made this account. Not sure if that makes a difference, but yeah.

You have to make a new application each year (some things transfer over) so you're currently on the 2019-2020 application which has closed meaning you cannot add anything for the next cycle. The application for this coming cycle (2020-2021) does not open until May 15th so that is why you cannot upload an LOR or anything on the old application. Also, LOR's do NOT transfer between applications so you're going to have to get them again, unless you used Interfolio (which I don't know if that's still allowed this coming cycle).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You have to make a new application each year (some things transfer over) so you're currently on the 2019-2020 application which has closed meaning you cannot add anything for the next cycle. The application for this coming cycle (2020-2021) does not open until May 15th so that is why you cannot upload an LOR or anything on the old application. Also, LOR's do NOT transfer between applications so you're going to have to get them again, unless you used Interfolio (which I don't know if that's still allowed this coming cycle).
Thank you. Why don't LORs transfer over?

I'd assume because schools want current LORs, not ones from the previous cycle. You're going to have to ask your other 2 letter writers to upload their letters on/after May 15th for this current upcoming cycle.
But if I never applied, it shouldn't even really matter.

It's whatever. Will I be considered as a reapplicant or as a first-time applicant?

But if I never applied, it shouldn't even really matter.

It's whatever. Will I be considered as a reapplicant or as a first-time applicant?

If you never actually applied, then you are still considered a first-time applicant.

Reactions: 1 user