I can't take it anymore - POST YOUR ROL HERE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poety

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
USC
MCG
U of F
MUSC
USF
UNC

Members don't see this ad.

OldPsychDoc said:
Best of luck to you all. :luck:

What will we talk about when all the ranking angst has passed?

THE STRESS OF MOVING OFCOURSE!!! AND THEN INTERN YEAR!!! Yer not getting away from me that easy OPD ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately, you'll see a dramatic drop-off in SDN usage at that time. Some that we've come to know and love will toss us aside, like an old shoe, moving on to bigger and better things. Poety will put on her dopamine earrings and prance around USC, while the others slowly drop off, leaving only you, me, and Samson behind.

I sincerely hope everyone continues to stick around so we can hear about your experiences from the start...or what I like to call "when it hits you."

I remember when "it hit me." A nurse asked me to rewrite an order for Depakote for another resident on my first day, who was now my patient apparently, about 3 minutes into residency. I very, very quickly realized that the whole transition from med student to doctor was an unreal one, and one that comes with an unbelievable jump in responsibility.

I hope to hear about it from all you guys....

Anasazi23 said:
Unfortunately, you'll see a dramatic drop-off in SDN usage at that time. Some that we've come to know and love will toss us aside, like an old shoe, moving on to bigger and better things. Poety will put on her dopamine earrings and prance around USC, while the others slowly drop off, leaving only you, me, and Samson behind.

I sincerely hope everyone continues to stick around so we can hear about your experiences from the start...or what I like to call "when it hits you."

I remember when "it hit me." A nurse asked me to rewrite an order for Depakote for another resident on my first day, who was now my patient apparently, about 3 minutes into residency. I very, very quickly realized that the whole transition from med student to doctor was an unreal one, and one that comes with an unbelievable jump in responsibility.

If I wore those damn dopamine earrings Im sure I'd get committed myself - or at least fit in with the patients :laugh: a little "too" well ;)

ok heres a make-shift version of mine

#1- Mount Sinai
#2 thru #5 (st. lukes, st. vincents, lij, cabrini--all in no particular order yet- me and a bottle of wine are going to figure this one out tonight!!) :scared:
#6 U. of Florida
#7 U of Miami

Anasazi23 said:

When it's just the three of us, we can talk about how it used to be back in the day... how we survived before Abilify, Wellbutrin XL, and Ambien CR.

It "hit me" when the code pager went off on my first ever night of call as an intern in the CCU. Baptism by fire.

1) UCSD
2) UCSF
3) U of Washington
4) UT Southwestern
5) Stanford

Interviewed but will not rank:

UCLA, Yale, UC Irvine, Wash U

1) :love: UCSD
2) :D UCSF
3) :) U of Washington
4) :) UT Southwestern
5) :oops: Stanford

Interviewed but will not rank:

UCLA, Yale, UC Irvine, Wash U

Sally notice how the ALREADY DOCS are trying to hijack our thread? THIS IS FOR MED STUDENTS ONLY DOC AND SAZI pffft and OPD pffttt :smuggrin: :cool: :eek: :oops:

Poety said:
Sally notice how the ALREADY DOCS are trying to hijack our thread? THIS IS FOR MED STUDENTS ONLY DOC AND SAZI pffft and OPD pffttt :smuggrin: :cool: :eek: :oops:
Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the medical student/soon to be superstar SDN psychiatry residents thread. :thumbup:

We'll retreat back to our poker game over here.

Anasazi23 said:
Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the medical student/soon to be superstar SDN psychiatry residents thread. :thumbup:

We'll retreat back to our poker game over here.
All praise the return of the colorful neonate.

Sally - it was the ride in the limo to the beach wasn't it? .... :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like Poety finally cracked...so sad.. :love:

Here's mine:

1. University of Utah
2. MCG, GA
3. Hennepin County/Regions, MN
4. University Maryland
5. SUNY at Buffalo, NY
6. University of Connecticut, Farmington

Doc Samson said:
When it's just the three of us, we can talk about how it used to be back in the day... how we survived before Abilify, Wellbutrin XL, and Ambien CR.

It "hit me" when the code pager went off on my first ever night of call as an intern in the CCU. Baptism by fire.

Just to add to the attempted hijacking, I had my 2nd child the day after internship started. The first 8 weeks with that child were way worse than Q4 gen med call - every freaking 2 hours I was up and the crying , it was worse than a borderline anorexic sitting in front of a 1000 calorie meal. Not to say that the rest of internship was a piece of cake, the baby at least wasn't threatening to drop his pressure or throw a PE the minute I looked away.

MBK2003

When is the actual day that the "computers" match up everyone with their ROL?

i am an IMG so keep that in mind. also i just got my step 2 results a week ago which is really late (i passed) but i didnt get too many interviews. (missed out on a lot of them NY sweatshops, lol.) well here is my ROL:

1) harvard south shore. MA
2) iol/ hartford hosp, CT
3) u conn farmington, CT
4) harlem hosp - columbia u , NY
5) texas tech, lubbock, TX

i felt mine was not too diffucult to rank. does anyone disagree with this ROL??

sga430 said:
i am an IMG so keep that in mind. also i just got my step 2 results a week ago which is really late (i passed) but i didnt get too many interviews. (missed out on a lot of them NY sweatshops, lol.) well here is my ROL:

3) u conn farmington, CT

It's tough to agree or disagree with rank lists... it's all individual preference.

sga430 said:

3) u conn farmington, CT

I know a resident at IOL, its a great program!

All personal preference too, just as Doc said - the thread hijacker.

SAZI YOU CAN COME BACK I was only kidding -what would I do without you? Now that we "lost" Mosche <soft reminiscent sigh> there aren't too many of us originals left!

Anasazi23 said:
What do you mean? What happened to Mosche?

The colorful neonate appears to be enlarging.

Where were you? DId you miss the whole thing? About Mosche not being Mosche, but being Mosches partner? OH NO!!! YOU DIDN'T KNOW!!!! Mosche is gone <sigh> we lost our beloved Mosche-n-partner, so we're down to like Poety, Anasazi, OPD, Hurricane, Solid, Norto, (the rarely seen Atsai), and a few others I'm forgetting sorry!! And Doc Samson ofcourse. Yes its sad - we're dwindling in our numbers.

BCS has been gone for a while now - they say he took the plunge off the cincinatti bridge. And MDGonna, well she just joined some rock band in Seattle and gave up on psych - so the story goes at least.

And yeah CN is BIG huh?

Oh, and at the end of my ROL I forgot to add a couple but I won't bother since I have no intention on going past number two God willing.

UCSF
UCSD
Emory
Mt. Sinai
St. Vincent's
Beth Israel
UAB
UNC

Good luck everyone! Finally, it's out of our hands. Now, the wait.

Poety said:
Where were you? DId you miss the whole thing? About Mosche not being Mosche, but being Mosches partner? OH NO!!! YOU DIDN'T KNOW!!!! Mosche is gone <sigh> we lost our beloved Mosche-n-partner, so we're down to like Poety, Anasazi, OPD, Hurricane, Solid, Norto, (the rarely seen Atsai), and a few others I'm forgetting sorry!! And Doc Samson ofcourse. Yes its sad - we're dwindling in our numbers.

Yes, I remember reading some nonsense about Mosche being not Mosche, and actually me, or some such thing. But I didn't know that this resulted in Mosche swearing off SDN.

Poety, make sure you don't fall off when you enter residency. We'll be like your go-to guys/gals when you're stuck or have a question, presentation, tough pimp question, etc.!

Anasazi23 said:
Poety, make sure you don't fall off when you enter residency. We'll be like your go-to guys/gals when you're stuck or have a question, presentation, tough pimp question, etc.!

why would Poety get "stuck"? didnt she invent psychiatry?

Its all up to the match gods now!!!! thank god its over!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Mount Sinai
LIJ
St. Lukes
St. Vincents
Cabrini
U of Florida
Miami

Here's mine!

1. UT Southwestern
2. Emory
3. UW
4. Cincinnati
5. Duke
6. Vanderbilt
7. UNC
8. MUSC
9. UCSF
10. Baylor

I had a really hard time deciding between my top 2, but Dallas won out in the end. Don't mess with Texas. :D

Moving on to more important things, my BBQ sauce ROL, based on my interview travels: TX style > TN style > SC style > NC style

Didn't eat any BBQ in Georgia, CA, Washington state, although I did have some scrumptious seafood on the west coast. I like Kansas City BBQ too but Missouri's not my thang. And Cincinnati (where I currently go to school) puts chili on top of spaghetti, which is disgusting, and is a huge black mark against them.

Goodness gracious, and with a click of the mouse, our paths for the next 4-5 years are set.

UCI
UCLA-SFV
Cambridge
St Lukes
Harbor UCLA
Mt Sinai
USC
OHSU

Good luck all! 3/16 here we come.

i actually had a hard time with my list... i had my heart set before interviews, but then everything kept shifting/changing as the season progressed. anyway, here's the list i finally decided on, after a lot of soul-searching/many-discussions:

1. cambridge (one of the harvard programs - i just really clicked with everyone
there [residents/faculty], love the psychotherapy training, community based,
and home of my undergrad school, so we have many friends in the area)
2. san mateo (very strong psychotherapy training, but i didn't "mesh" great with the
residents - but, we have many friends in the area, i adore the faculty, no call,
great weather, and lots of asian people like moi)
3. ucsd (not as many asian people, larger program than i was looking for, but
free year of psychotherapy, lovely beaches/weather, and intelligent residents
whom I mostly enjoyed)
4. duke (if i didn't mind nc, i would have ranked this program higher)
5. uc-irvine (the city was kind of blah, and i wasn't sure how much we all clicked)
6. harvard-longwood-carney (i really like the program director, but i just didn't feel
very connected with the residents)
7. harvard-longwood-mt.auburn (well, carney seemed less intense, so that one came first)
8. unc

So there you are.
I can honestly say I'd be fine at any of them, and if I have to scramble, I'm sure it'll be okay in the end. We'll cross that bridge if/when it comes.

Good luck, everyone! Yay, us, for being done with that phase.

Hurricane said:
Here's mine!

Moving on to more important things, my BBQ sauce ROL, based on my interview travels: TX style > TN style > SC style > NC style

Didn't eat any BBQ in Georgia, CA, Washington state, although I did have some scrumptious seafood on the west coast. I like Kansas City BBQ too but Missouri's not my thang. And Cincinnati (where I currently go to school) puts chili on top of spaghetti, which is disgusting, and is a huge black mark against them.

:scared: :eek:

U of MD
Emory
Georgetown
Tufts

Hurricane said:

Now, now- no knocking the Skyline. That's what I had for dinner tonight. I will grant you that it's an acquired taste, but how can you go wrong with anything that's topped with 2 inches of shredded mild cheddar?

Congrats to everyone on completing your ROLs! :luck: :luck:

Hey everyone! Congrats on finishing up the lists!

I'm still here Poety, just embroiled in a battle with my basic peds rotation . . . one of the quirks of scheduling rotations at my school. My apathy is just totally over the top at this point, which is unfortunate since I would probably have really liked it earlier. Oh well.

Anyway, the top five from my list below . . . good luck everyone!!!! At least it is out of our hands now!!!

1) MGH/McLean
2) Columbia
3) Pittsburgh
4) Hopkins
5) UCLA-NPI

Fingers crossed now!!!

Hey all
COngrats
I am so upset. I could not log in to change my ROL tonight (the system was slow) and it is not the way I want it. There is probably nothing I can do, is there?

jlw9698 said:
Now, now- no knocking the Skyline. That's what I had for dinner tonight. I will grant you that it's an acquired taste, but how can you go wrong with anything that's topped with 2 inches of shredded mild cheddar?

Well, I've been here 8 years and never acquired the taste. Although I'll admit that I do on occasion crave those little cheese coneys from Camp Washington. Those are pretty tasty. :)

Hurricane said:
Well, I've been here 8 years and never acquired the taste. Although I'll admit that I do on occasion crave those little cheese coneys from Camp Washington. Those are pretty tasty. :)

:oops: I did my first 18 years there, and go back 4-5 times a year, and have never been to Camp Washington. I'm so ashamed. (I do know where it is, though.)

Back to your BBQ sauce ROL, can Montgomery Inn at least get some partial credit?

detroitdoc said:
Hey all
COngrats
I am so upset. I could not log in to change my ROL tonight (the system was slow) and it is not the way I want it. There is probably nothing I can do, is there?

Contact the NRMP and, if need be, get your Dean to intervene on your behalf. If you act soon, they should be able to get the list corrected.

jlw9698 said:
:oops: I did my first 18 years there, and go back 4-5 times a year, and have never been to Camp Washington. I'm so ashamed. (I do know where it is, though.)

Oh definitely have some the next time you're in town! Their chili is very tasty. (Although I still can't stomach it over spaghetti.) They have double deckers too. Before they built the new building, I loved going to the old tiny one in the middle of the night. So much character. Not many places where you can sit at the counter in between Charlie Luken and some random trucker guy. hehe

Back to your BBQ sauce ROL, can Montgomery Inn at least get some partial credit?
Oh yeah, I forgot about Montogomery Inn. That's tasty too. I'd put them above the carolina BBQs. :)

I'm in the couples match so a few of these aren't quite the order I would have put them otherwise. But the top 2 are the same, and for me, SD and Penn the places with the "whole package" places in terms of program, location, friendliness, resources, etc.

1. UCSD
2. Penn
3. UC Irvine
4. U Chicago
5. UIC
6. Pitt
7. Harbor-UCLA
8. UCLA-NPI
9. Northwestern
10. Michigan
11. Wash U

Hello everyone.....I'm one of those people who rarely post but since everyone seems to be....here goes...

1. Austin, TX
2. Einstein/Montefiore, NY
3. UCLA-Kern, CA
4. Cabrini, NY
5. King Drew, CA
6. Cooper, NJ
7. U of C, IL
8. UIC, IL
9. Cooper/AC, NJ
10. Jefferson, PA
11. Scott&White, TX
12. JPS, TX

here we gooooooooo...

1. Rush
2. BU
3. Mt. Sinai
4. Beth Israel
5. LIJ
6. UMaryland
7. Thomas Jefferson
8. Georgetown
9. UChicago

good luck to all, and to all a good night! :luck:

prominence said:
why would Poety get "stuck"? didnt she invent psychiatry?

You better shut your mouth. :eek: :D

1. UCLA NPI
2. UCSD
3. UCI
4. OHSU
5. UCSF
6. Duke
7. Harvard Longwood
8. Univ. Washington (seattle)
9. Harbor UCLA
10. Univ. of Maryland

After alot of stress , mostly due to the AOA BS requirement.....my final list:

1. UNC-Chapel Hill
2. MUSC
3. MCG
4. U of Florida ( dunno if I shouldve even ranked, oh well )
5. U of Virginia

Good Luck to everyone on the match. im def gonna need a Nexium prescription for the next few weeks

DO-Riz said:
After alot of stress , mostly due to the AOA BS requirement.....my final list:

1. UNC-Chapel Hill
2. MUSC
3. MCG
4. U of Florida ( dunno if I shouldve even ranked, oh well )
5. U of Virginia

Good Luck to everyone on the match. im def gonna need a Nexium prescription for the next few weeks

Hey, wow--like you and Poety have 4 chances to end up at the same place!!!

I'd write you that Nexium script, but at my hospital, the pharmacy's going to just automatically substitute lansoprazole on you. Just cut back on the coffee, chocolate, and red wine.

Good luck! :)

:love: Mayo Clinic
Wash U in St. louis
U Pitt
Case Western Reserve U
Cleveland Clinic F.
Northwestern Univ.
U. of Cincinnati (Triple Board)
U. of Kentucky (Triple Board)
U. of Cincinnati (gen. psych)
Northeastern Ohio Univ. College of Medicine

Good Luck to all, its been great fun!

My top five are....
1. Stanford
2. UT-Southwestern
3. Emory
4. Mayo
5. Wash U

I've ranked alot, so I'll go with top five on here too:
University of Arizona
Baylor
UCSD
UTSW
Brown

My top ranked programs are (in alphabetical order):

Albert Einstein, Cambridge, Cornell, Harvard Longwood, Mt. Sinai, NYU

I'm hoping my list would have been sufficient if I had stopped ranking after 6. Just three more weeks...
Good luck everyone! :luck:

And Poety, I'm sure many have said this, but your baby is adorable! :)

Surprised to see UCSD ranked so highly. Lots of competition for me! (must've been the limo to the beach....)

Status
Not open for further replies.