karat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2005
Status
Medical Student
I'm losing my mind with all this not knowing. Just reject me already!!!!! Grr.. if i've been complete since July/Aug and STILL haven't heard anything...well let's just say I'm not optimistic about my chances at top-tier or even mid-tier schools.

I'm practically considering withdrawing from 1/2 my schools (aboud 10 or so) just so I can keep my stress levels under control and worry about fewer potential rejections.

God, they weren't kidding when they told me the application process SUCKS. Who's feeling me?

tacrum43

Behold the mighty echidna
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2004
Seattle, WA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
karat said:
I'm losing my mind with all this not knowing. Just reject me already!!!!! Grr.. if i've been complete since July/Aug and STILL haven't heard anything...well let's just say I'm not optimistic about my chances at top-tier or even mid-tier schools.

I'm practically considering withdrawing from 1/2 my schools (aboud 10 or so) just so I can keep my stress levels under control and worry about fewer potential rejections.

God, they weren't kidding when they told me the application process SUCKS. Who's feeling me?
You could just think of yourself as already being rejected there. That way the only thing that can come is good news, because even if they do reject you, then it's just old news. Withdrawing just assures you a rejection, while waiting it out leaves room for the possibility they might interview you afterall.

OP
K

karat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2005
Status
Medical Student
tacrum43 said:
You could just think of yourself as already being rejected there. That way the only thing that can come is good news, because even if they do reject you, then it's just old news. Withdrawing just assures you a rejection, while waiting it out leaves room for the possibility they might interview you afterall.
Yes, this is the rational approach, isn't it? The point is that I've lost my mind. And I blame you medical school ad coms! Please let me know already...I don't want to wait until Feb, March, or April to receive my rejections (and they will be rejections, not invites). :(

theunderdog

Medical Student (Slave)
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2005
Status
no trust me. if they wanted to rehject you, they would have rejected you already.

what are your stats btw?

drmota

2K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2005
Santa MONICA
Status
ehhh... i've gotta say i really dont feel you. its so much easier to just not think about it at all and when something good happens, pay attention. just kick back, you (and i) are gonna be waiting for a WHIIIIILE, why kill yourself over it? relax, have a beer.
-mota