I can't wait for school to start

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DadAndPreDOinMO

advice here=always right
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated in December and thought that I would love to have some time off, but I'm getting bored fast, have no money and can't wait for med school to start. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I know that current students will be on here ripping me about how I should enjoy my free time and being bored now, but I can't help it; I'm ready to get this show on the road. Anyone else feel the same way??

Members don't see this ad.

School > Working for a living

I've been full-time in the real world for almost 3 years now, and it is lame. Sales goals, mission statements, pep talks, tps reports... everything you saw in office space is true. I've been the #1 ranked personal trainer in the nation for my company several times, and I am still living paycheck to paycheck after all my med school application expenses. I can support myself, but it is a pain in my ass.

Bring on school.

I agree - I feel like I have been in limbo for so long: switching careers, going back to school to do a post-bac...etc so I just can't wait for my life to start! And I can finally get one stop closer to MS-3 and beyond where I'll actually be doing something instead of being my boss' research bitch :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Trust me when I say nobody will tell you to not be excited to start school. I was, and still am (about starting the next semester tomorrow), the same way. I hope that my previous posts didn't portray that you should not be excited. I try to reserve the "enjoy your summer" posts for those who want to take all these "prep" classes, eventhough they have graduated and have beyond the pre-reqs from med school, or to those who want to memorize Netter's before school starts. You really don't want to do those, but sitting around does get boring (but it was so nice during Christmas break :D).

It is awesome to see everyone so enthusiastic about starting. I can tell you from experience that it is a great feeling to finally begin your career. While difficult, it is one of the best feelings in the world. You finally are doing what you are supposed to be doing. Although I talk about how difficult school is, it honestly is one of the most rewarding expereinces I have ever had. By far, these past 5 months have been the best I've had at any school at any level. Without a doubt, enjoy searching for new housing, learning a new area, and just getting everything together. This IS an exciting time and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. But also remember to enjoy your friends and family b/c your time with them will be cut down dramatically once school starts. It is nothing like undergrad. That is the biggest emphasis of all of the "warnings" from current students.

Good luck to all of you in the upcoming year. And I'm sure it is great to no longer be the researcher's bitch anymore :smuggrin: (that made me laugh)

If I thought it would help, I would study my ass off this summer. But I've looked at medical school texts, and it is pretty obvious that I would never be able to learn enough to make a difference. There is just too much **** to know. So I'm just going to wait for school to learn it, and then forget it after I am tested over it.

Sales goals, mission statements, pep talks, tps reports... everything you saw in office space is true.

That's hilarious, when I read this line the first thing that came into my head what office space. Have you seen my stapler. :laugh:

If I thought it would help, I would study my ass off this summer. But I've looked at medical school texts, and it is pretty obvious that I would never be able to learn enough to make a difference. There is just too much **** to know. So I'm just going to wait for school to learn it, and then forget it after I am tested over it.

Then learn it again for boards, just to forget most of it again.

IAnd I can finally get one stop closer to MS-3 and beyond where I'll actually be doing something instead of being my boss' research bitch :(

Yeah, but you'll be the attending physician's scut monkey soon enough. I hear ya, though. School is infinitely better than the work-a-day world.

DADandPreDO...

Me too! I really want to finish my thesis and get back into a normal 8-5 schedule. Let's go to the Dukum! That will waste some time.

DADandPreDO...

Me too! I really want to finish my thesis and get back into a normal 8-5 schedule. Let's go to the Dukum! That will waste some time.

Name the time.

Friday. My OMS -1 buddy is playing there (dukum up). Have you met any of the other MBS students yet?

Friday. My OMS -1 buddy is playing there (dukum up). Have you met any of the other MBS students yet?

Friday sounds good to me. I met two MBSers who took us on a tour on interview day, but I don't recall what their names were (so much stuff going on that day). Also I know Heather Martin.

Cool, Heather is in my lab. Anyway, PM me and we'll set it up. It will be nice to meet another classmate.