I compiled the med schools that accept international students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paul2752

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, after lot and lots of researches, I finally compiled the list that shows which Med schools accept international students(excluding Canadians) AND AP credits.

I hope it helps!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• SOM that accept Int student and AP credit requiremetn.docx
    15.9 KB · Views: 709
Reactions: 4 users
Well you don't have to read all of the medical schools in the website to see which ones accept international students..also you have to pay to read full profiles of each school in the website/

Reactions: 1 users
Some people cannot read MSAR to save their life.

Members don't see this ad :)
Case Western says their University track will no longer accept international students from now on. Their College track at Cleveland Clinic will continue to take foreign students.

Just so you know, if you got this info from the MSAR, it isn't 100% accurate. I emailed almost every school that the MSAR said accepts internationals and some of them have conflicting responses about whether they accept internationals. For example, Baylor said they only accept Canadians and for Rutgers NJ, they only consider internationals who have a pending application for permanent residency. Also, Case Western no longer accepts internationals.

Still, though, this is great info to have compiled together given that it's specific for AP credits. Thanks for taking the time to do it! I have a similar file with miscellaneous acceptance data for the majority of the schools like whether they prefer domestics or not and what sort of tuition documentation you need to provide them before matriculating. I can share with anyone who is interested, just PM me!

Reactions: 1 user
No, I didn't get it from MSAR. I got the data individually. This was one hell of work.
Though, Iwill look over them and revise. Thanks!

For those non-Canadian international students reading this, take this list with a spoon of salt and contact the admissions office directly! I've learned from my cycle that not all internationals are equal. Out of all of the schools listed on the MSAR that supposedly accept international students, a small handful of them do not consider non-Canadian international students. I probably could have saved north of $300 from double-checking the MSAR data instead of wasting my money on secondaries... :oops:

How many schools did you apply to

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For those non-Canadian international students reading this, take this list with a spoon of salt and contact the admissions office directly! I've learned from my cycle that not all internationals are equal. Out of all of the schools listed on the MSAR that supposedly accept international students, a small handful of them do not consider non-Canadian international students. I probably could have saved north of $300 from double-checking the MSAR data instead of wasting my money on secondaries... :oops:

Mandu_cheeks, the lists takes account into differentiating non-Canadian internationals.

I like your name btw.

I applied to ~20 schools, and 3 of them apparently didn't accept any non-Canadian internationals for the past 2 years. Don't be like me and apply wisely :p

You mean there are only about 20 schools actually accept internationals?? Or you didn't apply for all the schools accepting international students?

In this file, is "international" students mean students from non-U.S. countries? Or do them simply mean "Canada, Mexico but not other countries"?

My school is on this list, and I assure you that they do not accept international students. Permanent residents who have lived in the state for many years, yes. However, not straight up international applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
My school is on this list, and I assure you that they do not accept international students. Permanent residents who have lived in the state for many years, yes. However, not straight up international applicants.
Which school?

I did not know about Baylor. I would expect a top 20 to be more diverse. What a waste of my money.

I did not know about Baylor. I would expect a top 20 to be more diverse. What a waste of my money.
About three quarters of Baylor students are from Texas. A small amount of research shows that geographic diversity is not part of their mission.

Just so you know, if you got this info from the MSAR, it isn't 100% accurate. I emailed almost every school that the MSAR said accepts internationals and some of them have conflicting responses about whether they accept internationals. For example, Baylor said they only accept Canadians and for Rutgers NJ, they only consider internationals who have a pending application for permanent residency. Also, Case Western no longer accepts internationals.

Still, though, this is great info to have compiled together given that it's specific for AP credits. Thanks for taking the time to do it! I have a similar file with miscellaneous acceptance data for the majority of the schools like whether they prefer domestics or not and what sort of tuition documentation you need to provide them before matriculating. I can share with anyone who is interested, just PM me!
Hi Could you please PM me the document? Thank you!

MSAR profiles are edited by each school individually. It is likely more regularly updated than school websites
And yet the info that the schools themselves gave me through directly asking them was different than what the MSAR showed...

Did you actually speak to the Admissions dean, or some admin? The latter may not be up to date of who the school accepts.
With the Admissions office. The info a lot of schools gave me was very specific and did not reflect the MSAR. Such as them accepting only Canadians despite listing internationals.

Why did you exclude the “Canadians”? Do these not consider “Canadians” to be internationals?

Why did you exclude the “Canadians”? Do these not consider “Canadians” to be internationals?
AMCAS classifies non-US citizens this way.
Schools indicate whether they accept internationals, Canadians or both.

AMCAS classifies non-US citizens this way.
Schools indicate whether they accept internationals, Canadians or both.

If they made a distinction between the two, does that pretty much mean that Canadians are not considered internationals to these schools? Also, could it mean that they are “Canadian-friendly”?

If they made a distinction between the two, does that pretty much mean that Canadians are not considered internationals to these schools? Also, could it mean that they are “Canadian-friendly”?
There is a distinction because there are schools that consider Canadians and do not consider other internationals at all.
The fact that both types of internationals need better stats and accomplishments than their US peers leads me to suspect that the bar is higher, even though a few schools claim to offer Canadians the same footing as OOS applicants...

There is a distinction because there are schools that consider Canadians and do not consider other internationals at all.
The fact that both types of internationals need better stats and accomplishments than their US peers leads me to suspect that the bar is higher, even though a few schools claim to offer Canadians the same footing as OOS applicants...
Almost every school that considers non-canadian internationals has told me the same thing, that domestic and international applicants are considered under the same standards for admissions. But I can't help but think that this is definitely not the case.