Khenon

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
Rochester, MN
Status
Well it's official! I'm going to be a medical student! I found out I got into COMP yesterday!

Waa-hoooo!!! :D

I must admit, I'm quite pleased with myself right now! :laugh: I'm just so glad this all paid off.

I've decided to request a deferral anyway. Time is running short and it would be a very stressful transition at this point. But if they don't approve my deferral I'll still go this fall. I don't want to play this game again!

Thanks to all of you who supported me throughout this long and interested process. I wish you all the best, and maybe my little story can be an inspiration some day. ;)

nico05

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2004
Long Island, NY
Status
Khenon said:
Well it's official! I'm going to be a medical student! I found out I got into COMP yesterday!

I must admit, I'm quite pleased with myself right now! :laugh: I'm just so glad this all paid off.

I've decided to request a deferral anyway. Time is running short and it would be a very stressful transition at this point. But if they don't approve my deferral I'll still go this fall. I don't want to play this game again!

Thanks to all of you who supported me throughout this long and interested process. I wish you all the best, and maybe my little story can be an inspiration some day. ;)
Congrats. :thumbup: Best of luck!

CCEMTP2DOC

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2005
Michigan
Status
Pre-Medical
Khenon said:

Congrats!!!!!

Great job on your acceptance.

OP
K

Khenon

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
Rochester, MN
Status
tkim6599 said:
congratulations, student doctor khenon!

now, get out of here and go celebrate!
:laugh:

I know! I still haven't done anything! I had a long weekend (interview on Friday and Monday), so I'm still recovering. I'll have to have an extra beer on St. Patrick's day! :laugh:

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited! I'm going to start walking up to strangers and saying "Hi. My name is Kim, and I got into medical school." :laugh:

MHC

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2003
Visit site
Status
No better feeling is there? Congratulations and good luck! :D

JohnDO

MS III
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2003
Visit site
Status
Congrats Khenon, I'm so happy for you!!! :clap:

What's this I hear about deferral?

medic170

American Infidel
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2001
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
You were a late applicant too, weren't you? Congrats!!!!

OP
K

Khenon

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
Rochester, MN
Status
JohnDO said:
Congrats Khenon, I'm so happy for you!!! :clap:

What's this I hear about deferral?
Thanks so much!

I know, I know . . . deferral = bad. But I have my reasons. Again, I'll go no matter what . . . ie I'm not reapplying!! We'll see. I'm happy either way!! :D

eldarion3141

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2004
Pa
Visit site
Status
great job.

Isn't it a nice feeling to know that 4 years of undergrad, and several weeks of lost sleep and frayed nerves have finally paid off?

Kazema

In a kingdom by the sea
15+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2004
Status
Medical Student
Congrats Khenon!

cammy1313

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2004
Encinitas, CA
Status
Yay, Khenon!!!!

I was wondering how the process was going for you. I'm glad to see such a great result!

EMTLizzy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2004
Manasquan, NJ
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Congrats!

It's the absolute best feeling in the world.

Enjoy it, because that super giddy feeling you have will wear off. You'll still be happy, but I think of it as the "first boyfriend" feeling. :love:

It's great at first, but a few months into it you're pretty chill about it all. :laugh:

At least that's how it has been for me. Now, 5 months and a $3000 deposit later, I'm just looking forward to finishing grad school and having a few months of no school.

Em&M

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2004
Status
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

You really don't know me but I work at the U of MN and our lab supplies a lot of testing animals to one of the labs at Mayo (Dr. Nath...) Anyway, that is the tie that binds and being from MN, I always look forward to hearing from you! we have very similar stats and backgrounds and I have been pulling for you since I started reading this forum in the fall. I think that it is wonderful that you are finally going to be able to call yourself Doctor and your child will have a wonderful, hard working role model to look up to!

Yay!!!!!!

Have an extra extra beer for me tomorrow night, I have to stay home and study so that I can get into med school next year like you :luck:

EL CAPeeeTAN

"like Capitan"
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2004
Status
Khenon said:
Congats!!!! Khenon! We have all been here watching and hoping! I have had 2 interviews TUCOM - NV (3/8), LECOM-FL and I am anxiously waiting to find out. I should hear on this Friday about TUCOM!!! Good Job you will be a great doc.!

DrMom

Official Mom of SDN
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
wherever I go, there I am
Status
Attending Physician
Congratulations, khenon. :clap: Enjoy your time between now & the start of school.

MsEvolution

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
Iowa
Status
Attending Physician
Khenon said:

Khenon, Khenon, KHENON!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! You don't know how happy I am for you---YAHOO!!!!!! I've been following your progress and keeping my fingers crossed for you... I am SO happy you're in... if you can do it this year, GO GIRL!!!!

High five!!!! :love:

It's Dr. Khenon from now on!!!

Felicidades!!!

OP
K

Khenon

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
Rochester, MN
Status
Oh my goodness! Thanks everyone! Wow! I'm just overwhelmed with all the support and "fans" I have! :laugh:

Well I'll tell you what. I can't take all the credit. If it weren't for all the prodding I got from you guys on SDN, I wouldn't have even applied to DO schools this year. I have to give credit where credit is due! So thanks a million, SDN buddies, for helping me get into medical school! :thumbup:

sistahnik

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
Visit site
Status
Other Health Professions Student
Hey Khenon congrats!!! :clap: :clap: I am soo excited for you. I know its been a long haul, but you made it.

uclabruin2003

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2004
Status
congrats kehnon. i know youve been always rooting for everyone else..now its our turn!!! you'll do great!

Ambs

Sleeping is underrated!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2004
Status
Medical Student
Khenon!! :D

I am SO happy for you! I, too, have been tracking your progress, and I always knew that you would definitely get in. It was only a matter of time! You rock! CELEBRATE!

Your hard work, persistence, and unbreakable spirit have paid off! :thumbup:

KiKat37

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2004
Status
OMG!! Kim, I take this as a personal offense. You GOT IN and didn't even PM me to let me know?! :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

You know I've been following your story since last summer, before we even took the evil August MCAT. And, I know everything you went through during this horrible process. That's awesome that everything finally paid off! I'm SOOO happy for you! You're gonna be a DOCTOR!!!! :thumbup:

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Status
Medical Student
Khenon, I too have been following your story and really rooting for you. i am so happy for you! You have the makings of a great physician. All the best! :thumbup:

OP
K

Khenon

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
Rochester, MN
Status
:laugh: :laugh:

You guys are awesome. :thumbup: I can't believe I have a "story"! Maybe I should write a book. :rolleyes:

Okay. I'll get over myself now! :p You guys are the best though. Thanks so much! I really appreciate all your support.

inhope

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2004
Status
Congrats :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I know the feeling! 10 apps, three interviews, 1 waitlist, 1 acceptance!!!! I am very happy for you, wish you the best and share in your joy!!

OP
K

Khenon

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
Rochester, MN
Status
inhope said:
Congrats :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I know the feeling! 10 apps, three interviews, 1 waitlist, 1 acceptance!!!! I am very happy for you, wish you the best and share in your joy!!
Thank you!

And congrats to you! That's fantastic that you got in! Horray for both of us! :D

MsEvolution

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
Iowa
Status
Attending Physician
Khenon, are you going to be able to go this year? How's that decision coming along for you?

OP
K

Khenon

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
Rochester, MN
Status
MsEvolution said:
Khenon, are you going to be able to go this year? How's that decision coming along for you?
I've asked for a deferral and am waiting to hear back. However, if I don't get the deferral then I will go this fall. I'd much prefer to defer, but I'm not going to apply again next year just to wait another year. I'm taking this acceptance no matter what! :laugh: I'll be sure to post once I find out what's going on. Thanks for asking! Take care.

Ypo.

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2004
Status
Khenon said:

Congratulations, Khenon!!! I'm so happy for you! COMP is a great school. :thumbup:

OP
K

Khenon

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
Rochester, MN
Status
yposhelley said:
Congratulations, Khenon!!! I'm so happy for you! COMP is a great school. :thumbup:
Thank you! What a road, huh! I'm just glad it's over and I can focus on some other things in my life for awhile (like my wedding in June!!). It's such a relief. I don't think reality has hit yet though. I haven't quite realized that I'm going to be a doctor someday. It's still seems like a dream! :laugh: Oh well. I'll get used to it soon enough. Take care.