I dont know how to feel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nixon13

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i have 3 interviews and 3 rejections...i dont know how to feel about that. I have interviews at USC, UMich, and Indiana...rejected from Nova, Colorado, and Case. I applied to 15 schools and my top choices are UMich, Det Mercy, OHSU, Marquette, and Pitts.

Members don't see this ad.

um, you have 3 interviews, with one being at a top choice of yours. you should feel pretty happy.

I would love to get an interview from 50% of the schools i applied to

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, you haven't been rejected from any of your top choices. And of the ones that did reject you, Nova was random, Colorado I think rejected most out of staters, and Case...I haven't been following what's going on with Case. You're golden. You've got three interviews so far, one at your top choice. Don't sweat it.

Interviews are expensive. Consider rejections a blessing on your wallet and interview offers an opportunity to go on trips. I'm so glad I got rejected from VCU, U Kentucky, and a few others. Would've been a nuisance to go to them and I wouldn't have gone there had I gotten in. You just need to nail your UMich interview. The others are only practice.

ahh i have similar stats as you.. hopefully i get into somewhere

20/20/20 with sGPA: 3.62 cGPA: 3.51
Double major in Eco/Chem
Minor Bio
Graduating from NYU

applying to 16 schools

I love reading in the same day about kids who would die for one interview and others who don't know how to feel about three interviews.

So my plans were to apply to 10 schools. After summing up the expense through the AADSAS service as well as each school's application fee, that is gonna be $1500! Does anyone know a cheaper way to do all this?

So my plans were to apply to 10 schools. After summing up the expense through the AADSAS service as well as each school's application fee, that is gonna be $1500! Does anyone know a cheaper way to do all this?
sell a kidney!!

So i have 3 interviews and 3 rejections...i dont know how to feel about that. I have interviews at USC, UMich, and Indiana...rejected from Nova, Colorado, and Case. I applied to 15 schools and my top choices are UMich, Det Mercy, OHSU, Marquette, and Pitts.

you should feel very lucky to have an interview at one of your top choices... and like someone else said on here, think of the few rejections as saving a few shiny dimes on traveling/lodging expenses. just focus on the rocking the interviews! gl :thumbup:

Yeah, apply to less schools and hire yourself out for skin. Or you could become a hitman for hire. Otherwise the costs are set in stone. There is one gaurantee though, you will definitely be broke after Dental Scool so dont sweat it, eventually all of us will be joining you on the soup line.

If I was in your shoes I'd be super grateful and happy to have 3 interviews. I wouldn't even frown about the 3 rejections. Think about the bright side. Congrats on the interview. give your best shot!

Just curious but didn't you apply to multiple schools so you could have a better chance of getting interviews/acceptances? If it wasn't such a gamble, we'd all apply to our top choice and we'd all get accepted. Since its competative, we apply to multiple schools because we expect rejections. Be thankful you have several interviews.