I don't know if I'm cramming?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shreypete

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've recently been doubting my study skills because I honestly don't know if I'm cramming or not. For example, for the internal medicine final, I just used the class notes and never read Davidson or Harrison to understand the entire pathophysiology behind every disease. The weird part is that I'm performing quite well in class. I tend to do about 3 to 4 reviews for every subject but the way I study is quite strange (or at least I think it is.). I usually read it the first time through, and then I just read the stuff aloud while walking (I'm a kinaesthetic learner so this works best for me), and eventually the entire sentence gets stuck in my mind. Of course, when it comes to exam time, I remember just the important details and paraphrase them as I understand it. Does anyone have a similar method of learning?

Members don't see this ad.

If you're doing well in class, I wouldn't worry about it.

If you're still worrying about it, go back to questions/tests a module ago and see if you can still answer them comfortably. Open up kaplan/UWorld Qbank and see if you can do some questions in the previous module of information that you learned.

I am slightly confused. You say internal medicine final and talk about Harrison's. Are you a 3rd year? 2nd year? By final do you mean the shelf?