I Don't Know What To Feel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
you might be on "hold" 2pac. try calling them tomorrow and see what happens.

if you are on hold, they might be waiting for fall grades or something. gl

let me go reread that letter lol.

Members don't see this ad.

yeah its def a rejection letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
whhhhhat! no way
do you have upward trend?

I know how it feels to try, try, and try again. Just keep at it and it'll work out at the end. Good luck buddy. :luck:

I got a # from Washington DC but they left no voicemail. I called back and it went to "this number does not exist".....I doubt it was Howard or anything.

Don't sweat it man. My first rejection was from UCSF. I got 7 interviews after that. It's still very early. If you have passion, you're going to get in. :thumbup:

Don't sweat it man. My first rejection was from UCSF. I got 7 interviews after that. It's still very early. If you have passion, you're going to get in. :thumbup:

Yeah but wasn't it for their more competitive dual-degree program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Many of my friends pursued a post-bacc program and are doing great this interview season. I think it really depends on what are you willing to sacrifice and what you're willing to do to get in.

And yes, I did apply to their dual program. I'm happy all the same :]

I did a Master's...so in a way, I'm in your boat as well.

I'm starting to lose hope.....:scared:

Are you like my twin or something lol. I've also been rejected from the same schools you were rejected from.

Hang in there. I considered citalopram and valium to keep my nerves down. The former I legitimately got a prescription for.

Working out with a murderous rage also helps.

When you can't take it anymore, just go cry secretly in the bathroom. It's what I did a couple of times. Then I felt great afterwards.

Bottomline is you gotta get it out of your system.

Are you like my twin or something lol. I've also been rejected from the same schools you were rejected from.

Hang in there. I considered citalopram and valium to keep my nerves down. The former I legitimately got a prescription for.

Working out with a murderous rage also helps.

When you can't take it anymore, just go cry secretly in the bathroom. It's what I did a couple of times. Then I felt great afterwards.

Bottomline is you gotta get it out of your system.

Do you also have my stats?

Out of the schools on your list, I think you can potentially have 3 interviews at the very least. This is based on my own stats also, of course.

Out of the schools on your list, I think you can potentially have 3 interviews at the very least. This is based on my own stats also, of course.

Then why haven't I gotten anything?

agreed. if you can somehow get your masters up to a 3.5 you would be set.

Lol hes done his masters. Cant change gpa now.
Also i disagree, i think a 2.9 is really just no diff then a 3.0. I dont think adcoms will be like oh a 2.9....soooo diff then a 3.0. Not really. Therefore i dont think having a '3.0' scigpa would warrant a large diff in interview invites.
The only reason why the 2.9 might be causing probs is if schools have legit 3.0 automated cutoffs and 2pacclones been cut out from screenings and not even viewed. However if thats the case, then i believe his dat wouldve carried him thru. Maybe the fact that he only got a 3.3 in his MS is worrying adcoms. A 3.3 is not too impressive but also not bad. Soooo....maybe he'll get rereviewed for postdec
Also depends on dental expirience and if he has strong LORs.

Also i disagree, i think a 2.9 is really just no diff then a 3.0. I dont think adcoms will be like oh a 2.9....soooo diff then a 3.0. Not really. Therefore i dont think having a '3.0' scigpa would warrant a large diff in interview invites.
The only reason why the 2.9 might be causing probs is if schools have legit 3.0 automated cutoffs and 2pacclones been cut out from screenings and not even viewed. However if thats the case, then i believe his dat wouldve carried him thru. Maybe the fact that he only got a 3.3 in his MS is worrying adcoms. A 3.3 is not too impressive but also not bad. Soooo....maybe he'll get rereviewed for postdec
Also depends on dental expirience and if he has strong LORs.

Masters is a chance at redemption, doing well in a masters program is mandatory if you are in one to improve your GPA.

2Pac...you may still have some luck with spring interviews and an acceptance, but this should be a lesson to future applicants considering a masters (you must do very well in it)!

OP could move to Texas>become a resident>live there for a decade and get his academic record wiped clean>do well in his 2nd bachelors>get into dental school>???>profit.

Last edited:
Masters is a chance at redemption, doing well in a masters program is mandatory if you are in one to improve your GPA.

2Pac...you may still have some luck with spring interviews and an acceptance, but this should be a lesson to future applicants considering a masters (you must do very well in it)!

well gee wiz, even if it's not a master's, it can still be considered a post-bacc. it raised my sci gpa and my overall (ugrad+grad) is 3.2 so idk what im doing different.

ive already done my plan b....what else can i do here?

2pac I love you hang in there, I can tell your a good hearted person. Good things will come your way. Maybe you should start contacting some schools and asking questions...are u taking classes now as well?

Just try to relax. Call the schools for the status of your application. They most likely wont tell you much but it doesn't hurt. Just relax

Pray.

Or do a post-bacc, take a ton of upper division science classes and ace them all. Make sure that you don't blow your third chance.

Last edited:
ill try contacting the schools....all 20 of them haha.

I think you have done all you can unless you want to spend a bunch of money to keep doing more school to marginally improve your GPAs. It seems that its out of your hands at this point, so just hang in there and be patient this cycle.

I think you have done all you can unless you want to spend a bunch of money to keep doing more school to marginally improve your GPAs. It seems that its out of your hands at this point, so just hang in there and be patient this cycle.[/

It will look strange going from an MS program to a postbacc. Its generally the other way around. i think itd look a lil norm if u simulate an actual MS Program again in a postbacc form, ie take like 4 Grad level courses at once as a non matriculated student and ACE it not 3.3 it...$$$$$. And ud have to get on that asap for spring semester course selection and add it to ur planned courses during academic update. Or just totally wait to do the postbacc in the fall if no acceptances this cycle. Also at this point, what courses could there even be left to take that arent repeats. U gotta start being proactive and grilling schools. Be aggressive. Seriously.

It will look strange going from an MS program to a postbacc. Its generally the other way around. i think itd look a lil norm if u simulate an actual MS Program again in a postbacc form, ie take like 4 Grad level courses at once as a non matriculated student and ACE it not 3.3 it...$$$$$. And ud have to get on that asap for spring semester course selection and add it to ur planned courses during academic update. Or just totally wait to do the postbacc in the fall if no acceptances this cycle. Also at this point, what courses could there even be left to take that arent repeats. U gotta start being proactive and grilling schools. Be aggressive. Seriously.

Agree, didn't suggest that.

Would only consider another masters or ph.d program...might get it in something that you can use if D-School doesn't happen.

Or move to MN and be a dental therapist in 2 years:)

i mean, i have no interviews so are you guys suggesting im all but screwed for this cycle?

i mean, i have no interviews so are you guys suggesting im all but screwed for this cycle?

it doesn't matter what we say. your stats are good, my guess is that you'll get spring interviews. but, call up the schools and ask them. they'll probably give you more insight.

it doesn't matter what we say. your stats are good, my guess is that you'll get spring interviews. but, call up the schools and ask them. they'll probably give you more insight.

spring interviews...like in feb or jan?

You're jumping to conclusion too quickly. Interviews will continue for months. You need to get off sdn and go relax. Do something fun

I started reading a lot and gaming competitively.

Maybe you can try to become the grandmaster of pingpong. Airborne. So bad azz.
pingpong.jpg