i don't know what to think

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kneecoal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just took my 2nd topscore test... the real thing is on sunday.

i'm mainly worried about the sciences...
TS1: Bio = 17, GC = 17, OC = 16
TS2: Bio = 18, GC = 17, OC = 19

i know a lot of these threads get posted, but the responses to them aren't really coming to mind right now. am i in trouble?

also, does anyone else find topscores PAT section to be really confusing at times? i came across a keyhole today that was really unclear, and in hole punching there were lines showing where folds were that shouldn't have been showing... i know that might sound confusing but... it is confusing.

Members don't see this ad.

i just took my 2nd topscore test... the real thing is on sunday.

i'm mainly worried about the sciences...
TS1: Bio = 17, GC = 17, OC = 16
TS2: Bio = 18, GC = 17, OC = 19

i know a lot of these threads get posted, but the responses to them aren't really coming to mind right now. am i in trouble?

also, does anyone else find topscores PAT section to be really confusing at times? i came across a keyhole today that was really unclear, and in hole punching there were lines showing where folds were that shouldn't have been showing... i know that might sound confusing but... it is confusing.
When is your DAT?
TopScore is usually a good representation of the real exam (at least that was the case for me). So, with these scores, I think you need some more studying to do.
The keyhole section of TopScore is a much more accurate representation of the real thing compared to that of CDP (CDP keyholes are very straightforward). The hole punch section of TopScore is much easier compared to the real DAT (CDP hole punch is much closer to the real thing).

Good Luck:thumbup:

+1

I got the same scores on the real thing as my topscore

Try Achiever and DAT Destroyer
Considering the fact that these are your TopScore results I don't recommend Achiever. It will crush your confidence. I was scoring 21-22 on TopScore; my first achiever test...AA17. So, for now, stick with TopScore and do more practice problems from destroyer. Retake the TopScore exams after couple of weeks and see if you see any improvements.

Members don't see this ad :)
ugh... like i mentioned above, my test is this coming sunday.

what i don't get is that i'm getting 9/10 or 10/10 right in chem and orgo in destroyer... and then i get these scores on topscore! do you think it's that i'm too comfortable with destroyer? this is like my 3rd time through it.

what i don't get is that i'm getting 9/10 or 10/10 right in chem and orgo in destroyer... and then i get these scores on topscore! do you think it's that i'm too comfortable with destroyer? this is like my 3rd time through it.
Yea! After the 3rd time, I assume you're pretty comfortable with destroyer. Also, while solving destroyer problems, you don't have to deal with time limits. Perhaps, the added pressure that comes along time constraints messes up your performance.

Yeah I'm having kind of the same problem.

Are you taking these science parts as a whole or each section individually?

In Topscore you have the choice of taking all the sciences together for the full 90 minutes or take it per section. What I'm basically getting at is that if you took them seperately I find that the 28 minutes designated for Gchem isn't quite enough. Maybe you need an extra 5-10 minutes to bring your Gchem scores up.

In Topscore you have the choice of taking all the sciences together for the full 90 minutes or take it per section. What I'm basically getting at is that if you took them seperately I find that the 28 minutes designated for Gchem isn't quite enough. Maybe you need an extra 5-10 minutes to bring your Gchem scores up.

oh, no i take the full 90 minutes to do all 3... i just went through my test and i made some stupid mistakes... i think i psyche myself out when i don't know the answer right away, and then i feel like i'm losing time, and then i don't think as clearly. this should probably be something to resolve before sunday...

I tend to be a little hasty too and sometimes I may end up misinterpreting the question. When you encounter a question that you are unsure how to tackle right away, skip it and go to the next. That way you won't end up wasting time. Hopefully after you answer a few questions right you'll get into the "groove" and be able to tackle it when you come around the second time. Just try to be more efficient and see how you score the 3rd time around.

oh, no i take the full 90 minutes to do all 3... i just went through my test and i made some stupid mistakes... i think i psyche myself out when i don't know the answer right away, and then i feel like i'm losing time, and then i don't think as clearly. this should probably be something to resolve before sunday...
I don't think you're problem is lack of knowledge. It seems like you're struggling with time management. Just take more full-length exams and try to address the issue.
Don't waste too much time trying to solve the questions you're completely clueless about. You're not expected to answer every single question. It's OK to miss 1-2 questions.

I'm sitting at the library and just finished Topscore Test 1. Scores:
Bio Chem Orgo PAT RC QR
20 20 21 20 23 17

Clearly I need some work on my QR...I just ran out of time :mad:. Test date: 9 days. Maybe I'm missing something but is there an easier way to go over the test without printing out the Test Detail and pretending to take the exam over again?

I'm sitting at the library and just finished Topscore Test 1. Scores:
Bio Chem Orgo PAT RC QR
20 20 21 20 23 17

Clearly I need some work on my QR...I just ran out of time :mad:. Test date: 9 days. Maybe I'm missing something but is there an easier way to go over the test without printing out the Test Detail and pretending to take the exam over again?
Tnx for hijacking the thread!:laugh:

I don't think you're problem is lack of knowledge. It seems like you're struggling with time management. Just take more full-length exams and try to address the issue.
Don't waste too much time trying to solve the questions you're completely clueless about. You're not expected to answer every single question. It's OK to miss 1-2 questions.

do you know of any other full-length exams aside from achiever? i think that one will just make me want to throw up. for some reason i can't get my kaplan cd to run... once i finish the third test would it be stupid to redo the 1st test since i've done it already, even though it was about a week ago?

do you know of any other full-length exams aside from achiever? i think that one will just make me want to throw up. for some reason i can't get my kaplan cd to run... once i finish the third test would it be stupid to redo the 1st test since i've done it already, even though it was about a week ago?
I only used KAPLAN, TopScore, and Achiever (hated it!). I really liked KAPLAN and TopScore, and I don't really know of any additional full-length exams.
It's not stupid to redo the tests.
Like I said, you have the required knowledge to answer these questions. So, by retaking these exams you can focus more on your time management. Besides, it's just like destroyer, redoing the problems wouldn't hurt. It simply reinforces the material.
If I find any additional full-length exams I'll definitely let you know.

nze82- didn't mean to "hijack" the thread lol but I figured it would be easier to ask in here since we are talking about practice tests instead of starting a new thread.

Also if you bought the Kaplan BB and you sign up online for the "additional practice", Kaplan provides a "demo" test for you to take..not as long as the real thing but it is good for practice.

I feel your pain i have got 2 17AA's an 18AA and another 18AA today on TS2. Im freaking out also cuz my test is on saturday and i really dont want 18AA on the real thing, alot of people say the scores you get the week of your test are about right, so im trippin out. But hopefully both of us pull thru and do well on the DAT, goodluck this week!

lmao, you guys are making a mountain out of molehill!!!!!

I am pretty sure you guys will be fine! or probably kill the DAT!! :D